Search for content in message boards

Mary Minerva Potter

Mary Minerva Potter

Posted: 30 Oct 2007 7:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: POTTER/BARTHOLOMEW/IVES
I have Mary Minerva Potter, b. ca. 1810, probably CT, married 1 September 1829 at Wallingford, New Haven Co. CT to Albert Bartholomew, son of Levi and Lucy (Ives) Bartholomew. Death date for Mary Minerva was 29 March 185l at Elkhorn, Walworth, WI. Does anyone have information on Mary's Potter ancestry?

Re: Mary Minerva Potter

Posted: 31 Oct 2007 1:21PM GMT
Surnames: Potter
I looked in Charles E. Potter's book entitled Genealogies of the Potter Families and Their Descendants In America. pub.1888.for Mary Minerva's name under the family of John Potter.. Note: The book contains the family tree of 10 Potter families that settled in New England in the 1600 and early 1700s. I did not find Mary's name. However, Mary was probably from John Potter's line of New Haven CT c.1607. A descendant of John's, named Samuel b.1641 settled in Wallingford in 1669. Samuel had 2 sons. The first, Samuel was the first white child born in the town of Wallingford. He later moved to Ct Farms, NJ which is now Union NJ. His tree was documented by a descendant. The second, John b.1673 is undocumented other than his birth. Many descendants of John, and his brother William, moved to Wisconsin.I show one descendant, George Potter b.1816 who married a Minerva Steele b.1820 and they moved to Grant Cty, Wisconsin. As is the case with much of Charles Potter's book, or rather the Potter's interviewed for the book, once the relatives moved out west, the back east families lost track of them. Thus they are not in his book.Hope this helps.

Re: Mary Minerva Potter

Posted: 5 Nov 2007 8:30PM GMT
Thank you for answering my query about Mary Minerva Potter. The background information on Potter families is helpful. I will keep searching. Maybe I can get through the brick wall.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions