Search for content in message boards

Ogilvie/Ogilvy

Ogilvie/Ogilvy

Harry Howard (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2005 11:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for information on my GGGGrandfather James Ogilvie/Ogilvy born 1836 Fossaway & Tulliebole, Kinross. He was Married to Margaret Hutchison (spelling of last name may not be right) 1857 in Culross. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you Harry Howard

Re: Ogilvie/Ogilvy

gillian (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2005 12:43AM GMT
In 1841 James age 5 is in the part of Fossoway in PER county with father James 30, mother Jean 25,& bro William 2; address Parks of Aldie.
By 1851 the family is James 41, Jane 39, William 11, Thomas 10, Charles 7 and David 3; address Aldie Castle. As James is listed as Ag lab/Labourer presumably he is at the Castle in a caretaking capacity. James junior who would now be 15 has vanished, best guess he is ag lab on someone's farm in KRS or PER.

Harry (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2006 9:48PM GMT
James is my 4th great grandfather. Thank you so much for this information. Are you related to this family? I would like to correspond with you if possible. What I have found so far from your info is that James father was also James and he was married to a Bethia Paterson. Wouild you know anything about them. Thanks Harry Howard (hairyvnv@yahoo.com)

Posted: 12 Aug 2011 3:34PM GMT
Hi Harry,
I may have some info on this Ogilvie family. I am working on a history project that involves one of this family, Charles Ogilvie, born 9/2/1844. I have the family as James (29/1/1836), Elizabeth (11/7/1837), William (28/4/1839), Thomas (26/6/1841), Charles as above, Jean (26/9/1849) and Jane (1855). I do not have a David. If this is the same family you have, can you contact me. Thanks Allan

Posted: 12 Aug 2011 8:37PM GMT
Allan, thanks for writing to me. This looks like the same family. The name David came from an LDS search and does not have any verification. All the others match though. I have James as being married to a Jean or Jane Baxter. Would really like to know what you have and might find. My email is hairyvnv@yahoo.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic