Search for content in message boards

FORTUNE FAMILY

FORTUNE FAMILY

Karleen Badore (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Badore, Bedard, Colton, Fortune, Moquin, Brault
I am looking for information on John FORTUNE who lived in the Huntingdon, QC area in the mid 1800's. His wife was Jeannet Fitch FORTUNE and they had six children; Alexander, Robert, Ann, George, William and David. They came from Scotland and settled there when the children were young. They were all born in Scotland, according to the census records I have.

Re: FORTUNE FAMILY

Posted: 20 Jul 2001 5:21PM GMT
Edited: 18 Feb 2002 8:40PM GMT
Surnames: Fortune
I have the following:

John Fortune (1 of 10 children) born Paisley Scotland about 1863; son of William Fortune (b. 1810) and Agnes Grey (b. 1816) Both died in Atwood, Ontario, Canada. William in 1895 and Agnes in 1907.

According to my records John married and had two children Louise and Russell

Let me know if I can help

Bill Schrader
gmschrader@earthlink.net

Posted: 9 Dec 2007 5:05PM GMT
I have found a marriage record for John Fortune and Janet Leitch in Paisley, Scotland. Married 5 December 1823. They are the parents of Andrew Fortune, born in Paisley 28 April 1831. Andrew Fortune married Esther Shaw Carr (born in Ireland in 1838) in Huntingdon, Quebec, Canada on 30 May 1853. His father John Fortune witnessed the baptisms of several of their children in 1862 in Huntingdon, as did his brother William Fortune. I would be very interested in learning anything more you may know about this family!

Posted: 5 May 2011 7:03PM GMT
Janet Leitch is my fourth great grandmother. I have no information on this family but would be grateful for anything you can tell me. What is your connection.

Posted: 5 May 2011 8:43PM GMT
Hello,

My husband descends from Andrew Fortune, son of John Fortune & Janet Leitch. Andrew and his wife, Esther Shaw Carr, had 7 children, including Anna Shaw Fortune. Anna married Franklin Ames Sharpe, Sr., and they were my husband's great-grandparents.

What is your line of descent?

I found a lot of good info here:
http://www.fortunefamily.org/fortuneallengenealogy/fortune.h...

Heather

Posted: 8 Aug 2012 12:57PM GMT
Janet Leitch is my second great grandmother. The only information I have is her marriage date to John Fortune, her birth and death. Maybe we can solve some Fortune mysteries!

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 9:09PM GMT
Another researcher & I have just discovered that Janet Leitch's parents were John Leitch & Catherine Bisset, who married 28 May 1785 in Paisley, Scotland.

What is your email address? Mine is bhawp16@aol.com and I can send you the information I have on the Fortune family.

Best,
Heather

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 9:11PM GMT
Another researcher & I have just discovered that Janet Leitch's parents were John Leitch & Catherine Bisset, who married 28 May 1785 in Paisley, Scotland.

What is your email address? Mine is bhawp16@aol.com and I can send you the information I have on the Fortune family.

Best,
Heather
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions