Search for content in message boards

Self Family

Self Family

Dan McCarthy (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SELF, SELFE
Our group of 320+ Self Family researcher / members has been collecting data on the Selfs of Westmoreland County since before our formation and the beginning of our printings in 1982. We have now printed over 1070 pages of data on the Self family and are always looking for more to share with our group as we will share with you. See our indices at our website for articles printed. Obviously our biggest goal in Westmoreland County is to try to prove the first branch of the family to a Robert Self, patent 1665, which none of us can come even close. We seek out even the smallest of details on our Self family.

Re: Self Family

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2003 7:17PM GMT
Dear Dan
Hi, my name is Judy--as i was going through messages on the board, came across yours---------(Maybe you might be able to help me-)-----Iam looking for a Joseph Moss-B- 1779 Sc-who married a Elizabeth Ellis------------I want to make this short but may not be able to-----anyway---------a Obediah Moss-B-abt 1768 VA-----D-24 March 1821 in Stewart Co, Tenn----married a Ann Self------------on 17 Sept 1788------they had a Joseph Moss b- in the 1800,s-------i have reason to think that this moss family is in connection with my Joseph Moss-need any info on him & his family--------i think he may-be an uncle-ect-to this family-------------i have kept the onfo on Obediah & Ann-----just in case----------do you have any info concerning this, would most appreciate it-have info to share----
You may contact me direct at

Jazzieladie123@AOL.com

Thank you for taking the time to read my message.
Judy

Posted: 31 Jul 2011 9:12AM GMT
Hi Dan

Why is it that Americans are obsessed with tracing their Self/Selfe roots to Robert Self. I have cousins in Wood County,Ohio and they can trace (with my help) back to John Self born abt 1520.

Richard Self
Oxford, England

richard.self@clara.co.uk

Posted: 18 Aug 2012 10:12PM GMT
Sorry for such a delay in response - In the last year we sold our home in Calif - found another in Florida and I've just started updates....Our family tree also begins with John Holman Selfe, 6th born child of Robert Holman Selfe...I'm not up to speed but am in the process of adding info from the Holman Robert Selfe - 4 Aug 1897 family archives

Posted: 19 Aug 2012 9:09AM GMT
Thanks for reply, the trouble is I cannot remember the question. I believe I must have contacted you before so please forgive me if I cover the same ground again. So far we are both singing from the same hymn sheet. Robert Holman Self the sixth son of Robert Self, yes. His father Robert Holman Self,No.I have no record of Robert as Robert Holman. I have done a lot of research trying to find where the Holman name came from, if you have any information on this please share with me.
If you want a copy of my tree then I will need your E Mail address (to send a jpg).
I suspect you are one of my Wood County cousins?
I was intrigued by your "herselfe" name, one of my workmates used to call me "himself" or just "Him" for short.

Best wishes
Richard Self
Oxford, England

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions