Search for content in message boards

In search of more Rogers...

In search of more Rogers...

Swan Tikkanen (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 1999 9:38PM GMT
Hello....
I am researching my mother's surname of "Rogers". Her father's name was Cecil Rogers who was born in Kentucky, don't know when or to whom. Her mother's name was Waveline Reed, sister to Juanita, daughter of Cane and his wife (don't know her name).
There are two other known branches connected with the family the surnames of "Reed" and "Welsh". I don't know much about the family or its history. I do know that it originates from Kentucky and has spread to Chicago and Ohio. My great uncles were Clive, Clyde, Clint, and Chives (or something like that). They had wives and children in Ohio. I believe Clint is a preacher.
If you know anything about this surname or its people, please don't hesitate to email me.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Swan Tikkanen

ROGERS

rose ann verzal (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 1999 5:52PM GMT
I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE A RELATIVE WHO WAS CECIL ROGERS MY GRANDMOTHER WAS PEARL ROGERS FROM RINGO ,GA. AND CHATTANOOGA TN.

Well...

Posted: 15 Dec 1999 10:34AM GMT
Rose,

Are you related to anyone else of the Rogers family...Chet, Clyde, Tom...do any of these names ring a bell?

Do you know anything else about the Cecil Rogers that you are told to be related to?
My grandfather was born and raised I believe in Kentucky, as was my grandmother.

What relation was Cecil to have been to you?

Wouldn't it be interesting if we were related somehow?

Hope to hear from you soon.
ttfn

Tikkanen, Rogers, Reed

Posted: 20 Feb 2000 9:33AM GMT
Edited: 18 Mar 2003 8:24PM GMT
I am not sure if this will help or confuse.
I was born Earl Albert Rogers III, my father and grandfather were killed in 1969. They were from Hamilton Ohio. I don't know much about them other then Earl I was marrried to Hazel. Earl II was married to my mother who is Susan Tikkanen.(Strange is it) I don't know if this is a total coincidence, but most the Tikkanen are from Ashtabula Ohio. Any info would be helpful. I have pieced alot together but am extremely unsure if it will help you. Side note, my wife is related to Reed's of Mercer, PA. Good Luck

Intriguing family...

Posted: 21 Feb 2000 6:23PM GMT
That's interesting that all three of those families intersect in yours. I don't know if I'm related to any of the "Tikkanens" in Ashtabula, OH. All I know is that my family is from Michigan. My father's family is largely located in the UP and Detroit-burbs. There are some in Lansing and Ann Arbor as well. The "Reeds" are my mother's family and originated in Kentucky in the Estill county regions. The "Rogers" also are originally from Kentucky though, I am not sure just exactly where.
I'm not sure if that helps any, but if nothing else it will prove interesting for you.

Re: Intriguing family...

Posted: 8 Sep 2009 5:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
VERY SORRY BUT NONE OF THOSE NAMES ARE RELATED TO ME. BUT OF COURSE I AM ONLY GOING ON WHAT INFO MY MOMS SISTERS AND BROTHERS HAVE TALKED ABOUT SINCE MY MOM AND GRANDMOTHER HAVE BOTH GONE ON TO BE WITH THE LORD.

Re: In search of more Rogers...

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 3:38PM GMT
my name was wendy carol rogers ,my brother was earl albery rogers which was called big boy most of his life
my dad earl albert rogers sr and my mother hazel virginia allen which she died in 1987 i think
you were born just a few days after they were killed in a car/truck wrenck in ste st marie

Re: In search of more Rogers...

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 3:41PM GMT
my name was wendy carol rogers ,my brother was earl albery rogers which was called big boy most of his life
my dad earl albert rogers sr and my mother hazel virginia allen which she died in 1987 i think
you were born just a few days after they were killed in a car/truck wrenck in ste st marie

Re: Tikkanen, Rogers, Reed

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 3:44PM GMT
have been looking for ear III he is my only nephew any help would be good

Re: Well...

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 3:58PM GMT
Surnames: rogers
cecil and pearl were my uncle from fathers side earl albert rogers and had 12 brothers and 1 sister and they came from ky
the one sister was named betty? i think their mother was eva and charles rogers
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions