Search for content in message boards

Tacketts in Kentucky

Tacketts in Kentucky

Posted: 14 Dec 2000 11:47PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2001 12:56PM GMT
I am researching Tacketts from Carter, Pike, and Floyd Counties in Kentucky. I would like to share/trade information.

Thanks
Posted: 15 Dec 2000 8:54AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jun 2002 6:36AM GMT
Cynthia, I am looking for Susan Francis Tackett, Married William Mark Trimble. B abt 1829 in VA. Death unknown. Any Help ? [lwt]

reply to tacketts in ky

tammy (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2000 3:28PM GMT
just replying to your message my fathers side
are all from pike county kentucky my grand
mother is lois tackett she was married to bill
tackett i never knew him she has since moved
to fl. but her sister owns a restaraunt in pike
ville joyce's i believe. also a couple of my
uncles still live there.
also my grandmothers relation owns marlows bar
in pikeville thats just some info if u have
any more let me know

tacketts in kentucky

Posted: 25 Dec 2000 7:23PM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2001 1:45PM GMT
I am the desendent of Rosa Lee Tackett Caudill She was born in Magoffin county kentucky in 1896 (not sure if this county is spelled right but thats what is on her sons birth certificate)I am trying claim her Indian ancestry for adoption purposes as well as to close some wholes in my own life.She was married to StephenM.Caudill and had at least one son Columbus Caudill. any info would be so apreciated thank you!! Christine

Tacketts in Kentucky

Posted: 25 Dec 2000 7:56PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2001 12:56PM GMT
There a lot of Tacketts in the Pike County area. Mine came from there and migrated to Carter County in the 1800s. I will see what I can find for you. It might take me a couple of days to look through everything I have. If you have any specifics such as dates, children, etc. email me directly at my email address and I'll see what I can dig up. cadams68@hotmail.com

Tackett Family

Posted: 26 Dec 2000 8:36AM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2002 3:42AM GMT
I am from Left Bever Creek,Floyd County, Kentucky. Have some info on the tackett family that my father has told me, but cant find anything on the computer, if it could help you in anyway, let me know. I will give you what I have.

Ref: Tacketts of Kentucky

Mona Alloway (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2000 4:13PM GMT
Christine,

Not sure if this will help. I am working on the Alloway family of Kentucky and have traced the Tackett Line into that. Here is some information that I have that may be of help to you:

Your Stephen M. Caudill could be the son of Matthew Caudill who was born 1768 and died 1837 in Perry Co, Kentucky. He married a Sarah Webb daughter of James Webb and Lettie Nelson, she was born 8 November 1778 in North Carolina. They had 12 children, one was named Stephen Caudill, possibly after his great grandfather. Matthew's father is James Caudill born about 1728 in Lunenburg Co., Va and died 30 May 1840 in Letcher Co., Kentcuky. He married a Mary Yorborough, she was born in 1731 Lunenburg Co., Va. James' father is Stephen Caudell born in Scotland and died 1759 in Va. He married Mary Elizabeth Fields.

The Stephen Caudill that is listed in our family line had a sister named Sara Caudill who was born May 5, 1813 and died Feb 11, 1898. She married William "Bucky" Tackett, March 2 1828. He is the son of William Tackitt and Amy Johnson. He was born March 4, 1809 and died May 27, 1894.

Hope this helps. If you want you can reach me at rmalloway@gvec.net

Mona

E. Ky. Tacketts

Nancy Layne Bruegge (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2001 9:21AM GMT
Rebecca, Does your father know of a Judy Tackett b.1882 m.Cortez Layne of Harold. or maybe even William Stence Tacket (Judy's Dad) m. Susan Moore? I am just starting on the Tackett family. My grandmother was Judy and she lived at Harold until the 1920's I believe. Any info appreciated. Thanks. Nancy e-mail = starsandbarsfarm@aol

Ref: E. Kentucky Tacketts

Nancy (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2001 6:43PM GMT
Nancy, I sent this message earlier to you and Michelle concerning our family lines crossing on the Tacketts, however, your e-mail address was undeliverable. So I am sending you this same information to you via the message board on Ancestry.com. Information follows, with notes, and questions concerning information that I am requesting, also my e-mail address.

Michelle and Nancy

I believe that our family lines cross. I am sure that Michelle's is closer than probably Nancy's. However, I have alot of information that my be use to you both.

First, my name is Mona Alloway, I am married to Roger Alloway, son of Forrest Dale Alloway of Virgie, Kentucky. I will start at the begining of the Tacket line that I have information on and it should come into each area that you ladies are looking for. You will notice that on the Tackett Line the starting of it is a french spelling and it goes eventually into two different ways of spelling.

Lewis Tacquet was born Abt 1680 in France, and died Prob. Cedar Run, Stafford Co., Va. He married Sarah ? Bef 1709 in Cedar Run, Va. They had Lewis Tacquet, Rachel Tacquet, William Tacket and John Tacquet (Our family line) born Abt 1712, Prob. Cedar Run, Stafford Co., Va., died Aft. 1774, North Carolina?

John Tacquet married Roanna? They had William Tackitt, Lewis Tackitt, John Tackitt, Francis Tackitt, Philip Tackitt, born Abt 1745, died Abt 1730; and James Tackitt, born Abt 1750.

Philip Tacket married Sarah? They had William "Billy" Tacket, born May 12, 1779, Rowan Co, North Carolina; died September 22, 1851, Long Fork, Kentucky.

William "Billy" married Amy Anna Johnson, daughter of Thomas Johnson and Sarah Greenfield/Arnold. Amy was born 1776 in North Carolina and died December 9, 1857 in Tackett, Pike Co., Kentucky. William "Billy" is buried in the W. F. Tacket Cemetary - Hartley, Kentucky, he was christened Regular Baptist in Long Fork Church. William and Amy had George Washington Tackitt, Matha "Patsy" Tackitt, Rebecca Hannah Tackitt, Sarah "Sally" Tackitt and William "Bucky" Tackitt, born March 4, 1809; died May 27, 1894. He was christened April 4, 1894.

William "Bucky" married Sara Caudill, March 2, 1828; she was born May 5, 1813 and died February 11, 1898. Sara is buried in the Amil Little Cemetary, Long Fork, Kentucky and was christened April 4, 1894, Primitive Baptist. William and Sara had Rebecca Tackitt; Patty Tackitt; Abel Tackitt; Elizabeth Tackitt; George Tackitt; Mathew Tackitt; Abner Tackitt; Enoch Tackitt; Enox Tackitt; Amy Tackitt; Zilphia Tackitt; Mary Tackitt; Enon Tackitt; James Tackitt, born October 24, 1831; died April 11, 1902, Marshal's Branch, Kentucky.

Abel Tackitt, son of William and Sara was married to Rebecca Caudill, February 22, 1855 in Pike Co., Kentucky. They had Willard Tackitt; Elizabeth Tackitt; Francis Marion Tackitt; Mathew Tackitt; James Tackitt; Luinda Tackitt; Jaspter Tackitt; Newton Tackitt; Arminda Tackitt; Frankied Tackitt; Willis Tackitt; Delilah Tackitt; John Tackitt; Abbie Tackitt.

James Tackitt, son of Abel and Rebecca, was born October 24, 1831 and died April 11 1902 in Marshall's Branch, Kentucky. He married Delilah Osborne, December 5, 1850. She is the daughter of Sherwood Osborned and Louisa Collier, she was born July 18, 1833 and died August 2, 1885. James Tackitt was christened at Regular Baptist Long Fork Church. He is buried in the Amil Little Cemetary, Long Fork, Kentucky. James and Delilah had Sarah "Sally" Tackitt; Hulda Tackett; Rhoda Tackitt; Rebecca Tackitt; Hiram Tackitt; A. H. "Hawk" Tackett; Siltany Tackett; Greenville Tackett; Sherwood W. Tackitt; William Henry "Will" Tackett, born November 30, 1862 and died January 26, 1932; Abel "Scape" Tackett, born February 23, 1864 and died February 23, 1939, Hartley, Kentucky.

NOTE: You will note that the children of James and Delilah has Tackitt spelled on some with an "i" and others with an "e". If either of you know why would appreciate the information for the footnotes in our family journal.

William Henry "Will" Tackett married Mahala Tackitt March 27, 1882, she was born February 14, 1865 and died October 4, 1893. Not sure which lines she comes from. He also married Martha Burke January 5, 1894, she was born December 19, 1873 in Pike Co., Kentucky and died February 18, 1897 in Pike Co., Kentucky. He married Willie Ann Worrix September 2, 1897, daughter of Will Worrix and Mahala Patton, she was born September 6, 1876 in Letcher Co., Kentucky and died June 10, 1918. Her sister is Jane Worrix. William and Mahala had Loucreta Tackett; Enos "Jack" Tackett; Taulby Tackett; Laura Tackett; Willard Tackett; Isabell Tackett. William and Martha had Millard Tackett and Leonard Tackett. William and Willie had Draxie Tackett; Rillie Tackett; Grady Tackett; Lettie Tackett; Troy Tackett; Colbert Tackett; Edgar Tackett; Edna Tackett; and Laciedell Tackett.

Abel "Scape" Tackett married Jane Worrix, sister to Willie Ann Worrix, daughter of Will Worrix and Mahala Patton, on August 4, 1888. Abel "Scape" is buried in the Frank Tackett Cemetary, Long Fork, Kentucky. The reason he had a nickname of "Scape" was because of his ability to escape from the law. Abel and Jane had Dorthy Tackett; Orville Tackett; Elijah Tackett; Maxie Tackett; Arlena Tackett; Andrew Tackett; Freddie Tackett; Betty Tackett; Lige Tackett; Donne Tackett.

Dorthy Tackett married Noah Johnson, son of Daniel Johnson and Lynia Hampton, he was born April 1, 1897 in Kentucky and died April 1970 in Kentucky. Dorthy and Noah had Bonnie Johnson, Stella Johnson, Jimmie Johnson, Lavona Johnson, Grover Cleveland Johnson, Oma Johnson, Lonnie Johnson, Elsa Johnson, Molly Johnson, Donna L. Johnson, born June 1931, Kentucky; died May 23, 1997, New Lexington, Ohio; married Forrest D. Alloway, Kentucky, who was born January 23, 1934, Kentucky. Donna was buried May 28, 1997, up Marshall's Branch, Kentucky. Donna and Forrest had Roger D. Alloway, born July 19, 1954; Rheda Alloway born January 13, 1953 and Rickey A Alloway born March 4, 1958.

Roger D. Alloway is my husband. We do not have any information on the Worrix line nor on the Johnson line. 'We do not have a date of birth for Dorthy Tackett. If either of you ladies can help in this area, we sure would appreciate. I hope this is the information that you were looking for. I am able to trace back to Scotland on various different lines of the wives that are married to the Tackett's in this line if you are interested.

Here is my email address: rmalloway@gvec.net. Also, if either of you should have a fax machine, I can print out the genealogy report pages for you and fax them to you, which might be easier then reading what I have stated up above.

Good Luck and please stay in touch. I really believe that we are related.

Thanks
Mona

Ref: E. Kentucky Tacketts

Mona (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2001 6:47PM GMT
Nancy, I sent this message earlier to you and Michelle concerning our family lines crossing on the Tacketts, however, your e-mail address was undeliverable. So I am sending you this same information to you via the message board on Ancestry.com. Information follows, with notes, and questions concerning information that I am requesting, also my e-mail address.

Michelle and Nancy

I believe that our family lines cross. I am sure that Michelle's is closer than probably Nancy's. However, I have alot of information that my be use to you both.

First, my name is Mona Alloway, I am married to Roger Alloway, son of Forrest Dale Alloway of Virgie, Kentucky. I will start at the begining of the Tacket line that I have information on and it should come into each area that you ladies are looking for. You will notice that on the Tackett Line the starting of it is a french spelling and it goes eventually into two different ways of spelling.

Lewis Tacquet was born Abt 1680 in France, and died Prob. Cedar Run, Stafford Co., Va. He married Sarah ? Bef 1709 in Cedar Run, Va. They had Lewis Tacquet, Rachel Tacquet, William Tacket and John Tacquet (Our family line) born Abt 1712, Prob. Cedar Run, Stafford Co., Va., died Aft. 1774, North Carolina?

John Tacquet married Roanna? They had William Tackitt, Lewis Tackitt, John Tackitt, Francis Tackitt, Philip Tackitt, born Abt 1745, died Abt 1730; and James Tackitt, born Abt 1750.

Philip Tacket married Sarah? They had William "Billy" Tacket, born May 12, 1779, Rowan Co, North Carolina; died September 22, 1851, Long Fork, Kentucky.

William "Billy" married Amy Anna Johnson, daughter of Thomas Johnson and Sarah Greenfield/Arnold. Amy was born 1776 in North Carolina and died December 9, 1857 in Tackett, Pike Co., Kentucky. William "Billy" is buried in the W. F. Tacket Cemetary - Hartley, Kentucky, he was christened Regular Baptist in Long Fork Church. William and Amy had George Washington Tackitt, Matha "Patsy" Tackitt, Rebecca Hannah Tackitt, Sarah "Sally" Tackitt and William "Bucky" Tackitt, born March 4, 1809; died May 27, 1894. He was christened April 4, 1894.

William "Bucky" married Sara Caudill, March 2, 1828; she was born May 5, 1813 and died February 11, 1898. Sara is buried in the Amil Little Cemetary, Long Fork, Kentucky and was christened April 4, 1894, Primitive Baptist. William and Sara had Rebecca Tackitt; Patty Tackitt; Abel Tackitt; Elizabeth Tackitt; George Tackitt; Mathew Tackitt; Abner Tackitt; Enoch Tackitt; Enox Tackitt; Amy Tackitt; Zilphia Tackitt; Mary Tackitt; Enon Tackitt; James Tackitt, born October 24, 1831; died April 11, 1902, Marshal's Branch, Kentucky.

Abel Tackitt, son of William and Sara was married to Rebecca Caudill, February 22, 1855 in Pike Co., Kentucky. They had Willard Tackitt; Elizabeth Tackitt; Francis Marion Tackitt; Mathew Tackitt; James Tackitt; Luinda Tackitt; Jaspter Tackitt; Newton Tackitt; Arminda Tackitt; Frankied Tackitt; Willis Tackitt; Delilah Tackitt; John Tackitt; Abbie Tackitt.

James Tackitt, son of Abel and Rebecca, was born October 24, 1831 and died April 11 1902 in Marshall's Branch, Kentucky. He married Delilah Osborne, December 5, 1850. She is the daughter of Sherwood Osborned and Louisa Collier, she was born July 18, 1833 and died August 2, 1885. James Tackitt was christened at Regular Baptist Long Fork Church. He is buried in the Amil Little Cemetary, Long Fork, Kentucky. James and Delilah had Sarah "Sally" Tackitt; Hulda Tackett; Rhoda Tackitt; Rebecca Tackitt; Hiram Tackitt; A. H. "Hawk" Tackett; Siltany Tackett; Greenville Tackett; Sherwood W. Tackitt; William Henry "Will" Tackett, born November 30, 1862 and died January 26, 1932; Abel "Scape" Tackett, born February 23, 1864 and died February 23, 1939, Hartley, Kentucky.

NOTE: You will note that the children of James and Delilah has Tackitt spelled on some with an "i" and others with an "e". If either of you know why would appreciate the information for the footnotes in our family journal.

William Henry "Will" Tackett married Mahala Tackitt March 27, 1882, she was born February 14, 1865 and died October 4, 1893. Not sure which lines she comes from. He also married Martha Burke January 5, 1894, she was born December 19, 1873 in Pike Co., Kentucky and died February 18, 1897 in Pike Co., Kentucky. He married Willie Ann Worrix September 2, 1897, daughter of Will Worrix and Mahala Patton, she was born September 6, 1876 in Letcher Co., Kentucky and died June 10, 1918. Her sister is Jane Worrix. William and Mahala had Loucreta Tackett; Enos "Jack" Tackett; Taulby Tackett; Laura Tackett; Willard Tackett; Isabell Tackett. William and Martha had Millard Tackett and Leonard Tackett. William and Willie had Draxie Tackett; Rillie Tackett; Grady Tackett; Lettie Tackett; Troy Tackett; Colbert Tackett; Edgar Tackett; Edna Tackett; and Laciedell Tackett.

Abel "Scape" Tackett married Jane Worrix, sister to Willie Ann Worrix, daughter of Will Worrix and Mahala Patton, on August 4, 1888. Abel "Scape" is buried in the Frank Tackett Cemetary, Long Fork, Kentucky. The reason he had a nickname of "Scape" was because of his ability to escape from the law. Abel and Jane had Dorthy Tackett; Orville Tackett; Elijah Tackett; Maxie Tackett; Arlena Tackett; Andrew Tackett; Freddie Tackett; Betty Tackett; Lige Tackett; Donne Tackett.

Dorthy Tackett married Noah Johnson, son of Daniel Johnson and Lynia Hampton, he was born April 1, 1897 in Kentucky and died April 1970 in Kentucky. Dorthy and Noah had Bonnie Johnson, Stella Johnson, Jimmie Johnson, Lavona Johnson, Grover Cleveland Johnson, Oma Johnson, Lonnie Johnson, Elsa Johnson, Molly Johnson, Donna L. Johnson, born June 1931, Kentucky; died May 23, 1997, New Lexington, Ohio; married Forrest D. Alloway, Kentucky, who was born January 23, 1934, Kentucky. Donna was buried May 28, 1997, up Marshall's Branch, Kentucky. Donna and Forrest had Roger D. Alloway, born July 19, 1954; Rheda Alloway born January 13, 1953 and Rickey A Alloway born March 4, 1958.

Roger D. Alloway is my husband. We do not have any information on the Worrix line nor on the Johnson line. 'We do not have a date of birth for Dorthy Tackett. If either of you ladies can help in this area, we sure would appreciate. I hope this is the information that you were looking for. I am able to trace back to Scotland on various different lines of the wives that are married to the Tackett's in this line if you are interested.

Here is my email address: rmalloway@gvec.net. Also, if either of you should have a fax machine, I can print out the genealogy report pages for you and fax them to you, which might be easier then reading what I have stated up above.

Good Luck and please stay in touch. I really believe that we are related.

Thanks
Mona
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions