Search for content in message boards

Twigg Info please

Twigg Info please

Posted: 11 Feb 2008 1:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TWIGG
Hi everyone,

Thanks for any help you can be:
I am looking to see if anyone knows where I could get a copy of the " Twigg Family Genelology Book". I have a slip of paper that is a order form from back in the late 80's but can not find the book anywhere. Needless to say my husband's family never purchased it. Thank You fo any help and information you can offer.

Ross & Amy Twigg

I am part of the Twigg Family as listed below:

Father: Louis Roger Twigg Sr. (Dorothy Yvonne Smith)
Grandfather: Louis Edward Twigg Sr. (Hallie Odell Phares)
G Grandfather: Argyle H Twigg ( Mary Elizabeth DIETZ)
GG Grandfather Andrew S Twigg (Nancy Backus)
GGG Grandfather: Weston Twigg (Ester Gordon)
GGGG Grandfather: John Twigg, JR ( Susanna McElfish)
GGGGG Grandfather John Twigg Sr (Rebecca Twigg)

Re: Twigg Info please

Posted: 13 Feb 2008 12:41AM GMT
Surnames: Twigg
Hello,

I assume you are referring to “The Twigg Family of Western Maryland” that was published in notebook form about 1990. It included:

1. A list of Twigg burials put together by Ed Twigg
2. An introduction with a Twigg coat of arms (probably not identified with our family)
3. Some historical events of Maryland with a chronological survey of the Twigg family in Maryland
4. Sketches of Robert and Hannah Twigg and their three sons, Robert, John and Francis.
5. My history of the Twigg family, titled “Twigg Family of Maryland”. This is available on microfiche at the Family History Library
6. Some folklore on the family, including the blue-eyed vs. black-eyed Twigg feud.
7. Photocopies of some of the early Twigg deeds, etc.
8. computer printout of Twigg descendants
9. Indexes

I do not believe any copies are still available, but the notebook was placed in many libraries, where you might find copies.

Regards,
Marjean Holmes Workman

Posted: 31 May 2009 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: TWIGG
Referring to the TWIGG FAMILY OF WESTERN MARYLAND, I helped somewhat on this book. It is no longer available but is placed in several libraries...in Cumberland, Md. and pos-sibly in Hagerstown, Md.
RE your query, I see that my Twigg family includes Andrew, Weston, John Jr., and John Sr....My mother knew Louis Edward Twigg, Sr.

Posted: 28 Apr 2010 4:10PM GMT
I might be able to help. I saw a Twigg Family Book yesterday at my friend's mother's house. Her mother was Virginia Twigg.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions