Search for content in message boards

ISAAC WATERS Beaufort Co. NC

ISAAC WATERS Beaufort Co. NC

Posted: 24 Jun 2000 3:26AM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2007 2:14PM GMT
Looking for information about Isaac Waters.He was born in Beaufort Co. NC. HIs father was John Waters, Jr( d.1775 Beaufort Co. NC. Isaac Waters married Presilah Long. He was a soldier in the Continental Army during the American Revolution.
I would be interested in any information about this family.
Thank you

GA Waters--Beaufort Co. Waters

Posted: 21 Jul 2000 10:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 11:21PM GMT
This is my Waters Line:

John W. Waters - gr gr gr gr grandfather
Isaac Waters - gr gr gr grandfather
John Barber Waters - gr gr grandfather
Washington Wayne Waters(Major)-gr grandfather
William Monroe Waters (Roe) - grandfather
Ethel Beatrice Waters Howard - mother

Isaac Waters of North Carolina

Posted: 11 Sep 2000 7:51PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:10AM GMT
Here's info we have on our Isaac Waters Line:
Isaac Waters, born 1720, beaufort County, NC; died 23 Sept. 1808. He married Prscilla Lang (probably of Martin County NC). Children:
Thomas;
Isaac, b 11 Aug 1770 m. Martha Hardison Jackson daughter of Elizabeth Duggan and Benjamin Hardison. (my line)
James
Lottie
Fannie
Priscilla.
The Revolutionary War Isaac Waters a Private in the 4th Regiment, Williams Co. NC (NC STATE RECORDS p. 1182)
Back to our line:
Their son ISAAC WATERS nd Martha Jackson had
son: HARDY HARDISON WATERS, born 17 Sept. 1812. He married Elizabeth Walker Aires June 27 1833.
Their children:
Alfred T. Waters b. June 16, 1834
Robert D. Waters b. Nov. 7, 1835
Martha F. Waters b. May 2, 1837
Polly Ann Waters (also went by Mary Ann) b. Jan 11, 1839 m William Robertson
James B. Waters b. Oct. 1, 1940
Eliza Jane Waters b. Dec. 6 1847 m. Thomas J. Latham 1865 (my paternal great grandparents)
Elizabeth H. Waters b. Oct. 23, 1851
Alexena W. wates b. March 25, 1846 (?)

Annye Latham, daughter of Eliza Jane Waters and Thomas Latham, married Charles Rives Alley Sr. (my grandparents.)

If you have other information, would like to hear from you or anyone. Thanks.

Re: Isaac Waters of North Carolina

Posted: 30 Aug 2001 11:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 May 2002 10:49PM GMT
Surnames: Lang,Wildes,Benson,Bacon,Brown,McCall,Atkinson,Russell,Ward
We are looking for conections to an Isaac Lang, Family bibles say born Dec.7th 1764 in Penn. Although I have found a Benjamin Lang b. 1693 with an overwhelming number of children with family names that skip a generation. As if our Langs were named after great aunts & uncles, among them Isaac Lang. The first real documentation of our Isaac Lang is in the Saludy and 96 areas in S.C. His brother Richard was a Loylalists and relocated to Florida and then Camden co. Ga. Our Isaac Lang had a Daughter named Pricilla m. Mccall. We have several Family sites. One is langfamily.org
My question is: Is our Pricilla named after your Pricilla? We just celebrated our 74th family reunion. Please let me know if you think there might be a thread.We seem to be stuck.
Thankyou D.L.Lang

Re: ISAAC WATERS Beaufort Co. NC

Jim Waters (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2001 12:28AM GMT
How do I varify the Issac's farther was John Jr. who died in Beaufort Co.
in 1775? Where was John Jr. borne and when did he move to Beaufort Co.?

Jim Waters (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2001 12:32AM GMT
How do I varify that Issac's farther was John Jr. who died in Beaufort Co.
in 1775? Where was John Jr. borne and when did he move to Beaufort Co.?

Posted: 20 Jan 2002 12:09AM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2002 5:16AM GMT
I have a lot of information on the Isaac Waters family, but I am seeing conflicting information from other people on John Waters, Jr. I'm seeing that he was John Calvin Waters' daddy and the father of another Isaac married to Peggy Lard.
I've not seen the evidence of those people in Beaufort County. I'd like to know your source for Isaac Waters who married Priscilla Long being the son of John Waters, Jr. of Beaufort County. I hope you're right. I've been searching and searching on how to put all the Waters of Beaufort Co. together. Amos, Thomas and John were the first three Waters men in Beaufort Co. There were all in the same house on the 1755 Tax List. John did have a son named John. If he is the father of Isaac who married Priscilla Long, then all the Waters around here are related. I have much on Amos Waters and Isaac Waters families. Will be glad to swap information with you.

Sincerely,
Stephanie Watters (We were originally one "t" Waters. A schoolteacher taught my husband's orphaned father to spell it with two "t's")

Posted: 20 Jan 2002 12:28AM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2002 5:16AM GMT
Hi,

I'm confused. I thought Alfred and Mary "Polly" Ann were children of John Waters. Also, Priscilla's last name was Long. I'm pretty sure I found her in Chowan County. She's listed in a will of a Mr. Long as Priscilla Waters. Do you know who Isaac Sr.'s father is? I've seen conflictin info on that. I have much info on the Waters family especially some of your family. I will be willing to swap info.

Sincerely,
Stephanie Watters (We were originally one "t" Waters. My husband's orphaned father was taught to spell his name with two "t's" by a schoolteacher).

Posted: 20 Jan 2002 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: Waters, Alley, Latham
You are absolutely right. Priscilla's last name is LONG...Lang was a typo. Would love to share/exchange information. I will get back to you on other part of your message. Thanks.

Posted: 20 Jan 2002 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: Waters, Alley, Latham
You are absolutely right. Priscilla's last name is LONG...Lang was a typo. Would love to share/exchange information. I will get back to you on other part of your message. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic