Search for content in message boards

Surname McArdle to >surname Carroll, Co Armagh

Surname McArdle to >surname Carroll, Co Armagh

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 7:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Dec 2003 8:38PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll, McArdle, McCardell, McCarroll
Surname Carroll is arising from the surname McArdle in County Armagh, Ireland, latter 19th century, tracing family with surname in transition. Seek to correspond with anyone finding surname McCarroll, Carroll morphing from the surname McArdle, and variant McCardell. SVP contact me directly.

Re: Surname McArdle to >surname Carroll, Co Armagh

Posted: 21 Feb 2008 4:59PM GMT
Surnames: Waters McCarroll
My ggrandmother was anna McCarroll born in Knockbridge Ireland about 1841,her father was Philip McCarroll of Knockbridge. Anna married Patrick Waters they settled in Stocton -on-tees Durham,they had several children 1 of them Mary Waters who emigrated to America.My grandfater Patrick Waters was the eldest.The only other 2 i know anything about are Catherine and Bridget.If this is any help and u want to get in touch my e-mail is jmwaters48@msn.com
Judy

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 3:10AM GMT
My great grandmother was Elizabeth (Lizzie) Carroll born in Knockbridge, Louth, Ireland. Her parents were Laurence & Margaret McCarl or McCardle. She emmigrated to the US around 1870 with her mother & siblings, her father had died in Ireland.

Wonder if there could be a relation?

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 10:21AM GMT
Surnames: Carroll,Waters
I'm afraid ican't tell you if their is a relationship as iwas only a young girl of 14 when my dad told me i had a great aunt Mary who emigrated to America ,but seeing as i had 2 geataunt Mary one surname Lynus the other Waters i don't know which one it was who emigrated.If its any help to you my greatgreat granddad was a sheepard in Knockbridge
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions