Search for content in message boards

Indian Blood(ROBERTS)

Indian Blood(ROBERTS)

Wayne Charles (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2001 1:46PM GMT
I am still searching for Indian Heritage in my Roberts line from my Grandmother Cora Roberts. She married Stephen K. Charles. Need ancestry line from Cora Roberts and Knowledge if you can of Indian Blood. Thanks Wayne (dwccc@webzone.net)

Roberts Indian Line?

Patty (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2001 7:40PM GMT
Wayne,
I also have heard from my g-aunt that same story, her mother Mary Adams my g-grandmother's side. It is said that Mary Adams b.1884 g-grandmother was a full blooded Indian. Her mother was Elizabeth Roberts b.1850 daughter of Shadrack and Martha COURTNEY-ROBERTS. Who was Cora Roberts parents and I will see if we can find a connection somewhere. I am also very interested in the Indian Heritage. Thank you. Patty

Roberts Indian Line

J.C. Eaglesmith (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2001 8:46AM GMT
Our Roberts line (grandparents) are Muskokee-Creek Indian, originally fr Georgia/Alabama.
Some survived 1830-40's "Removal" to Indian Territ. by 'slipping off' into Arkansas/La. The other branch is of Shawnee descent. Both Creek Shawnee tribes have inter-married since B.C., that's Before Chris (Columbus),
and both do carry Scotch-Irish from early trappers, who were loners married to Native women, guaranteeing their success amongst Native people. We have much oral history, but lack the English names of our Roberts kin in Arkansas, Alabama Georgia. The Ark. Roberts branch lived in Drew(?)County had at least two daughters, "IdaBelle" (b. 1896, Winchester, ARK. sister "Ophelia" (?). Any info or links to these folks please contach at jceaglesmith@pcoe.k12.ca.us . Many thanks, J.C.

Roberts Indian Line

J.C. Eaglesmith (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2001 10:15AM GMT
Wayne Patty: What geo-areas/dates are your Roberts kin of Indian blood? "Madoe" (Creek for 'thank you'), J.C. at
jceaglesmith@pcoe.k12.ca.us

Roberts Indian Line

Wayne (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2001 3:20PM GMT
Patty: Somewhere I have seen a lot of names on the Roberts with Indian Bloodlines, some of my relatives have it- will try to locate it if I can. Thanks for the names for Cora,s parents. You mentioned some Adams in your line. My mother was a Adams, they came to Okla. from Jasper Co Mo. I am also researching the Blood in that line there also. There is also Indian Heritage there also. If I get anything I will get to you ok.
Thanks
Wayne

Roberts Indian Line

Wayne (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2001 3:26PM GMT
JC: Will get to you if I come up with any names. My Roberts also Migrated down thru Ark. to Okla. As far as I can find they are Cherakee. Thanks, Wayne

Roberts

Patty (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2001 5:10PM GMT
Thanks so much Wayne. I hope we can find something.

Roberts

Pam Riggs Allen (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2001 1:13PM GMT
Wayne Patty
My great great grandmother was Nancy Roberts who was the third wife of John Taylor
her father was Alexander Roberts. She too was supposed to be Cherokee. Do you suppose
we may be looking for the same Roberts?
Pam

Roberts Indian Blood

Posted: 2 Feb 2001 10:03PM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2003 4:46AM GMT
I descend from Vinson Roberts b. abt 1719 Scotland died abt 1800 NC. Vinson had three sons Shadrach, *Jesse b. abt 1745, Vinson Jr. we are not sure if they were born in Scotland or in the Colonies. Jesse "married" a Indian woman. I am told that her name is/was Louisiana and that she was born in Louisiana. I have also been told that she was Choctaw. They had two sons Jesse Jr and *James b. 1769 VA. It is my understanding that the families were in NC, Kentucky, TN, and then by 1815 Orange County, IN. My direct line then removed in 1848 to Marion County, IA.
Is anyone else researching this Roberts line?I would like to share notes.

Thanks,
Sherry

NATIVE AMERICAN ANCESTRY/GA/AR

Posted: 3 Feb 2001 2:01PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 12:48AM GMT
Annie Roberts moved to Caddo Valley between 1894-1896 from Ball Ground, Ga. She may have been a Cherokee, according to family history. She was born in 1849 died 1935 is buried Caney Mermorial Cemetery in Ar. She married John Willis Burks B. 1854 D. 1934. Her brothers and sisters are Frances, Eugene, Elizabeth and Murray, dates unknown, parents unknown. Her children are Verdie, Lula, James, a doctor, David B., John Dallas and Ellen Lea. Can any one help me fill in the blanks. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions