Search for content in message boards

BEALLS

BEALLS

Beverly Allan (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2002 11:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BEALL
Seeking information on the following Bealls:
ROBERT BEALL d. 1794 Iredell Co., NC; wife: Mary; Children: Charles, Eleanor, Walter, Reason, Sarah, Joseph & Gulyelmira
DAVID BEALL d. 1806 Iredell Co., NC; wife: Rachel Odell; Children: James Odell Beall, Joseph Beall, John Beall, Evan Beall, Martha Beall, Jean Beall, Thomas Beall, David Beall & Reason Beall
ZADOCK BEALL b. 12 Jun 1766 Prince Georges Co., MD; m. 16 Sep 1786 Rowan Co., NC, Nancy Baggerly; d. 12 Sep 1795 Iredell Co., NC; Children: Elizabeth "Betsy", Margery & David
EVAN BEALL d. 1 Nov 1794 Wilkes Co., NC; wife: Millicent "Milly" Lovelace; Children: David, William, Reason, Zadock, Ellender "Nelly"& Elizabeth

Re: BEALLS

Posted: 14 Feb 2002 1:49AM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2004 2:03AM GMT
Surnames: Beall, Prestage, Singleton
I am not 100precent sure but Thomas Beall, son of Robert may be my GGGGrandfather, if he had a son or grandson named Thomas A. Beall, who later was in Leake Co. Ms. There is a connection, all your names are the same as mine. Doris E. Dyer.
Posted: 16 Feb 2002 2:23AM GMT
Edited: 29 Apr 2002 10:46PM GMT
Robert Beall did not have a son named Thomas.
Posted: 23 Feb 2002 4:34AM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2002 7:45PM GMT
I think Rachel Odell was the daughter of Martha who married Robert Lazenby d. June 1785 Rockville, Prince George Co, Maryland. Martha was his 2nd wife(his 1st wife
Lucy Harding d. 1765). I believe Rachel had a brother Thomas.
Rachel's son David Beall may have moved to Madison Co, Alabama as there was a deed recorded February 17, 1819: David Beall of Madison Co, Alabama to John McHenry, 151 1/4 acres for $302, lying on 3rd Creek, a tract conveyed by Thomas Galloway & Rachel Beall, Exec of David Beall decd, to David Beall Jr:Deed Bk K, pg 269 Iredell Co, NC.

Gerald Rhodes (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2002 6:06PM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2002 2:21PM GMT
Surnames: Beall, Lovelace, Edmonston, Bell, Cook

Saw your message "seeking information" on the Bealls (Robert, David, Zadock, and Evan). I've found a couple of sources you may find helpful. One source is the book entitled "Some Pioneers fron Wilkes County, North Carolina" compiled by Mrs W O Absher. We ran across this compilation at the Regional Library in North Wilkesboro on a recent visit to Wilkesboro and North Wilkesboro. A sketch of Millicent Lovelace's family is contained in the discussion of her brother Archibald Lovelace which starts on page 69. On page 70 reference is made to the fact that Millicent's brothers Charles and William married Catharine and Margaret Beall, daughters of James and Margaret (Edmonston) Beall. It is possible that these girls are sisters of Evan Beall, but we haven't found any proof. A discussion of the legal action brought by Archibald Lovelace as guardian of Evan and Milly Beall's children may be found on pages 72 and 73 of Mrs Absher's compiltion.
A second source you may find helpful is the pair of books "Marylanders to Carolina: Migration of Marylanders to North Carolina Prior to 1800" and "More Marylanders to Carolina." (Sorry, I didn't not record the author's name.)

We are looking for information concerning Evan and Millicent Beall's son David Beall (later Bell). We understand that David Bell is the father of my great great grandmother Aley Bell who married Ambrose Cook in Wilkes Co., NC in 1828 or in Surry Co., NC in 1829. In addition, do you know the parents of the Bealls identified in your message? We're assuming that Robert, David, Zadock, and Evan are all brothers and that Beall girls who married Lovelace brothers may be their sisters, but we haven't been able to ascertain these relationships. Do you happen to have anything on this?

This has gotten longer than I planned. Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Jerry Rhodes

Posted: 30 Dec 2002 1:57AM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2002 3:35PM GMT
Surnames: Bell, O'Dell, Lovelace, Privette, Love
David Bell b.1737 and Rachel O Dell B 1740 son
Evan Bell b 1764 and Millicant Lovelace b l768 son
David Bell and Sarah b 1791 son
Emanuel b 1825 and Lavina Privette b 1850 son
William b1852 and 1 Dicy 2 Joanna Love

Beverly Allan (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2003 8:59PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2003 12:32PM GMT
Surnames: Beall, ODell, Lovelace, Edmonston, Ferguson
David Beall, husband of Rachel ODell, died 1806 in Iredell Co., NC. His will does name a son, Evan Beall. However,
Evan Beall who married Millicent Lovelace died 1 Nov 1794 in Wilkes Co., NC. Those dates prove that he could not have been a son of David Beall.
The information that you give for David Beall and Rachel O Dell is the same as given in the LDS Ancestral Files and is incorrect. David Beall was not the son of James Beall and Margaret. James Beall's will does not name David nor does the estate settlement for James and Margaret that was made after the death of Margaret name David or his heirs.
Recent research has proved that Margaret was not an Edmonston but was the daughter of Duncan and Catherine Ferguson.

John Baggerly (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2004 11:53PM GMT
Beverly my family married into your family back in Montgomery co MD. and them movede to Iradell CO NC. then to Clark co IND . I do have some information on the Beal family .I live in Sayre PA. MY EMAIL IS JBAGGS@CQSERVICES.COM
Posted: 21 Nov 2004 4:05PM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2005 5:34PM GMT
Surnames: Bell, Bealls
I am looking for some information on a Nancy Cook that was a servent for an Evan Bell in 1880. I found her on the censor for 1880. She is my greatgrandmother and I want to fine some information on her.
Posted: 27 Nov 2004 3:37AM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2005 3:28PM GMT
The Evan Bell I have in our tree was born 1764 and his son David died in 1850. I have no information on Nancey Cook. You may check Heritage of Wilkes County and Heritage of Iredell County.Good luck!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions