Search for content in message boards

CAMPBELL, BANKS, WHITE, BURRUS

CAMPBELL, BANKS, WHITE, BURRUS

Posted: 10 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Apr 2002 5:55PM GMT
Searching for more info on parents of Matthew Thomas Campbell (1821-1895); believed to be William Campbell and Susannah Burrus, m. 24 Jan 1812 in Caroline Co, VA. Also need more info on the parents of William, believed to be Joseph Campbell and Elizabeth Peatross, m. prior to 1768 in Caroline Co., VA, and on the parents of Joseph, etc.

CAMPBELL

peg price (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
I've got some info on the Campbell family. I have Susannah's parent as William Burruss. William's parents were Joseph Campbell and Elizabeth Peatross. Elizabeth's parents were Matthew Peatross and Amey?? I have nothing of Joseph's parents. Matthew's parent was John Peatross. This John Peatross (b. 1679) had Matthew Peatross I and Elizabeth Mayo as parents. They are my 8 ggrandparents. I got most of this from books and articles on the Campbell that I got in Salt Lake City.I know this is sketchy but if you'd like the family sheet on them let me know and I can send them via email.

CAMPBELL, WHITE, BURRUS

Posted: 21 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2002 5:55PM GMT
Thanks! I would appreciate receiving the family sheets you have of Joseph Campbell, Elizabeth Peatross, Matthew and others.

BURRUSS

Lewis H. Burruss (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
The Burruss brothers of Caroline County,VA> John and Jacob, produced many offspring. Some of the Burruss family are still farming around Penola in Caroline County. The Burruss brothers arrived in the early 1700's. Please note that the spelling is "Burruss" (although there have been corruptions of the spelling form time-to-time. In fact, the spelling is probably a corruption of Burrows in the first place. Included among the Burruss family are veterans of the Revolutionary War and Civil war. (Confederate side, of course), as well as WW 2, Korea and Vietnam.
Lewis H. Burruss, Jr.
Lt. Col (ret)
US Army

Emma D. Campbell

Peggy Pitrone (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Emma Campbell was born in Caroline County in 1879, and died in 1971. I would like to know if there are any relatives in Caroline County, or elsewhere.
Posted: 2 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2004 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Burruss
I am not from the line you are looking for however by snail mail I have info. on some of the descendents you are looking for in caroline county.
My ancestors were around Baltimore, MD I have come to a halt on my research.

Gary

Re: BURRUSS

Posted: 19 Jul 2001 9:02PM GMT
Surnames: burris
I am also of the Burrus/Burris /Burrows line. That of Jacob, my
3rd great grandfather was Thomas Burris who married Margaret(Peggy) Tincher in Clark CO. KY. in 1801.They had ten children later went to Cass CO. MO. where Thomas died in 1847.I would like to have what you have on the family.I would be happy to pay for copies as well as snail mail postage. Thank You, George Lee McVae
P.O.Box 1562
Joshua Tree CA. 92252
gmcvae@e-universe.com

Re: CAMPBELL, BANKS, WHITE, BURRUS

s.banks (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2002 3:39AM GMT
Surnames: Banks
MJ, I am researching African-American Banks family from Caroline County. Any info would be greatly appreciated. What is your Banks connection?..Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions