Search for content in message boards

KECK in Dunn County

KECK in Dunn County

Linda Keck (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KECK, HAVERLAND, BAILY, PITTENGER
Emma Mae HAVERLAND and Simon Prosper KECK were both born in Dunn County, Wisconsin. Her parents were Frances BAILY and Richard HAVERLAND. His parents were Ruth PITTENGER and Archibald KECK. I am looking for any information about their ancestors. I have quite a few of their descendants, and am willling to share this information.

Re: KECK in Dunn County

Posted: 7 May 2002 7:28AM GMT
I have their ancestors! email me!

Posted: 11 May 2011 1:44AM GMT
Hi,
I have been having trouble finding information on Richard Haverland's mother, Mariles. I have that she remarried Matthew Boughton in Menomonie WI in 1869. Can't find any other information on her. Would you know where in OH Richard was born.
Any help would sure be appreciated.
Thanks.

Doris
Posted: 25 May 2011 4:59PM GMT
You're correct that Mariles married 5 Nov. 1869, Dunn Co., WI, Matthew BOUGHTON, s/o Ira & Anna D. FamilySearch.org transcribed her name HANDAND, dau/o Elizabeth K. & Adam SPOHN. Wisconsin Historical Society, online, lists her name correctly as HAVERLAND.

Adam SPOHN m. 5 Jan. 1813, Fairfield Co., OH, Elizabeth KING. Online message says they had son Adam & dau. Mariles. There were probably others.

Google "1930 census" and check for Adam SPOHN. In 1820, there was an Adam in Perry Co., & in 1830 in Muskingum Co., OH. Elizabeth SPOHN, 72, b. PA, was of W. Rushville, Richland, Fairfield Co., OH, 1860, & in 1870, Elizabeth, 81, b. PA, was in Perry Co., OH. Those are adjoining counties.

Henderson Co., IL, 1850: HAVERLAND, Samuel, 59, NY; Marilus, 32, OH; Richard J., 9, OH
B. IL: Thomas B., 6, Charles H., 4; James W., 2.

In Pepin, Dunn Co., WI, 1860, HAVERLAND, Richard, 26 {?}
Marillis, 48; Thomas, 17; Charles H., 15; James W., 12; Samuel H., 9.

Warren, St. Croix, WI, 1880, HAVERLAND: R. J., 39, OH _ _; F. E., 34, IN TN TN. Ch. b. WI: dau. M. E., 14; son J. O., 12; Rosetta, 9; son W. E., 6; dau. Mariln, 43; Mary L., 2.

--not my family
Posted: 26 May 2011 1:11AM GMT
Marilyn,
Thanks for answering my query. Could you tell me what online message said that Adam Spohn had a son, Adam, and a daughter, Mariles?
Posted: 26 May 2011 2:28PM GMT
I'm sorry. I misread the message on RootsWeb for Fairfield County, OH: "Adam Spohn, son of Adam Philip, and Elizabeth King," and thought that Adam was son of Adam Philip SPOHN and Elizabeth KING. I guess it meant that Adam Philip SPOHN had a son Adam SPOHN, who married Elizabeth KING.

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 4:17PM GMT
Surnames: Keck
Ruth Pittenger was not Archibald Keck's wife.
E-mail me and I can explain.
Diana

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 4:40PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2012 4:51PM GMT
Surnames: Keck, Mishler, Pippenger
caimad2 wrote:
"Ruth Pittenger was not Archibald Keck's wife. E-mail me and I can explain."

Maybe we could discuss some of this in the forum? According to my information, Archibald married Ruth Truax, daughter of Abraham Truax and Sarah Mellott. He later married Mary Hamman, daughter of Daniel & Sophia.

Archibald was the son of John Conrad Keck and Barbara Mishler. (He was also the brother of my 3rd great grandmother, Barbara, who married John H. Pippenger.) Archibald's parents and their ancestors are my primary interest. I would be interested in collaborating/sharing/corresponding with anyone else with an interest in these ancestral lines. Click on my name here to get my email address and send me an email.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions