Search for content in message boards

BREEN, County Kerry

BREEN, County Kerry

Justin (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2002 11:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Breen
Hi, my grandfather Jack Breen was from County Kerry, I believe he may have lived in Castleisland or possibly Tralee. He was always vague when we asked him!

My great grandfather was known as Pop.

Re: BREEN, County Kerry

Posted: 12 Apr 2003 1:16AM GMT
Hi Justin,
I'm also researching a John Breen DOB 1853 lived two miles outside Tralee any connection? His parents were Thomas Breen & Margaret Teahan.

Tom Breen (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2004 6:43AM GMT
Surnames: Breen, Doolan
Kate,

I live in Sydney, and my Great Grandfather was a Thomas Breen, born C. Kerry around 1839. He was a policeman with the Irish Constabulary, emigrated to Australia probably in the 1860s, joined the New South Wales Mounted Police, married in Australia Mary Emily Doolan, and became the first Mayor of a country town here called Gunnedah, where my grandfather Thomas was born in 1879. Her family came from Rosscommon. Seeking details of both families.

Any help appreciated

Posted: 30 Apr 2004 11:01PM GMT
Surnames: Breen,Horne,Houran,Horan
Greetings all: I am working on Patrick Breen and Catherine Hoarne (Houran) who were married 10 Oct 1868 in Killarney, Co. Kerry. They had 9 children : Timothy, William, Thomas, Maurice, Mary (my grandmother), Katherine, Johanna,Nora and Patrick. At some point, they moved to Castleisland, Co. Kerry, because my grandmother attended school there, and that is the place she called home, although her birth certificate lists Killarney. Family tradition said that William had moved to Australia, but don't have any more information on him. Thomas, have you tried to see if the Irish Constabulary has any records?? There are some descendents of "our " Breens that still live in Castleisland, but I have not heard from them in a while.

Posted: 30 May 2004 5:35PM GMT
I have lots of info on the Breen family in County Kerry if you want to contact me at Catbreen6@ aol.com

Posted: 12 Jan 2008 7:37AM GMT
Surnames: Breen Horgan
Hello there well my GG Grandfather was John Breen from County Kerry and had a brother Thomas Breen b 1831 could be the same one. John Breen married Bridget Horgan immigrated to NZ 1875

Posted: 12 Jan 2008 7:39AM GMT
Surnames: Breen
Hi Timothy i have a Patrick Breen born County Kerry 1844 could be the same one

Posted: 13 Jan 2008 4:00AM GMT
Surnames: Breen, Houran
Hi Carl: I would love to hear more about your Breens. I got most of my info from my father, who luckily talked to his father and wrote down the info on the Nolans and the Breens. I was able to find the marriage license for Patrick Breen and Catherine Houran in Killarney. Do we match up?? Thanks Tim.

Posted: 13 Jan 2008 6:32AM GMT
Surnames: Breen Wrenn Horgan Baillie
Hi Tim well my gg Grandfather was John Breen 1842 Ballyclonan christned Kilcummin, County Kerry married Bridget Horgan abt 1844 - 1899 John died Unknown they Immigrated to NZ and settled in 1875 in a small town called Timaru in the Canterbury Plains in the South Island in NZ. John had brothers. Thomas 1831. Maurice. 1834 and Patrick. 1844. John and Bridget had Micheal 1873 Co Kerry died on the Rakaia Ship abt 1875 James b 1879 Timaru d 1940 Timaru married Louisa Jane Baillie. My g Grandfather Thomas Christopher 1881 Timaru d 1941 Christchurch. Canterbury married Ellen Louisa Hayes. Timothy who died age 4 and Helen (Ellen) 1886 Timaru - 1925 Hastings in the North Island NZ married Jeremiah Wrenn from Limerick Ireland. What else do you know abt your Breen's

Posted: 14 Jan 2008 12:34PM GMT
Do you have reference to PIERCE BREEN in your database? Family lore has it that my GGrandfather, Pierce Breen had four brothers that left Ireland and emigrated to Australia or New Zealand.
Pierce Breen b.July 1848, Tipperary, Ireland. d. Nov 7, 1906,
New Haven, Connecticut, USA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions