Search for content in message boards

Surname : Snead/Sneed/Sneyd etc.

Surname : Snead/Sneed/Sneyd etc.

Posted: 6 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jun 2006 2:30AM GMT
Surnames: Sneed, Sneede, Snead, Sneade, Sneyd, Sneyde
I am trying to cross the Atlantic from an ancestor Samuel Snead( with wife alice and son william ) who landed in Jamestown virginia in 1635. I believe they left from london.
I am also trying to find information on the snead name ( spelling variations do not matter)such as the orignator and place of origin. Any books that detail this. Appreciate any positive comments.

rootsweb Sneyd

Dena Shaw (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sneyd
My great-great grandparents were Samuel and Isabella (Hulme) Sneyd who immigrated to Illinois from England. This would have been around 1880. They ended up in Streator, IL

There are not many Sneyd's here. I am trying very hard to trace them.

Let me know if you can help me!!! Thanks a bunch!
Dena Shaw

Sneyd- name/place

Wendy Anson (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Did you read the discussion on GenForum? - if not, here is the address connection (my part)- http://genforum.genealogy.com/englandcountry/messages/8591.h...
Hope this helps,
Wendy Anson

Sneed

F. Sneed (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
This information might help you.

THE NEW WORLD BOOK OF SNEEDS
Write:
Mr. James H. Sneed
3687 Ira Road
Baath OH 44210
(330-945-8200

sneyd

patrick sneyd (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: sneyd
I'm looking for info on my great grandfather Daniel Sneyd probably born 1830 to 1850, his son Christopher was born in Dublin, Ireland in 1886 ???

Re: Surname : Snead/Sneed/Sneyd etc.

Posted: 15 Jul 2001 3:37AM GMT
Edited: 12 May 2002 9:05PM GMT
My family was from Allegeny/Beaver Co. Looking for the marriage of Emma MCCue/Fred Snead arond 1900.Do we connect at all.

Janet Snead Heiss (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2001 7:33PM GMT
There's On microfilm a book Ames,Mears and Allied familes.I would like to purchase it but no luck.One by Billie Snead Webb.Both of these are on film thru family History Center.Don't know if they will help you.

Posted: 7 Nov 2001 4:40PM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2002 7:27PM GMT
greg, according to "the sneads of hanover county" (that's in virginia) complied and published in 1983 by charles e. stone, samuel and alice arrived in jamestown in 1635 with young william. samuel was awarded 200 acres in james city county 4 august 1635. march 23, 1635 susan snead was born and in 1652 she married thomas reynolds. samuel jr. was born 1638. "old john" snead is believed to be sam jr's son born 1662. "old john snead's farm" and cemetery on stoney run. this book if full of stuff abount snead's. but it is out of print and i do not know how you would get a copy. also, you need to try to get a copy of "ceremony in honor of private robert snead, a revolutionary war soldier" from the national archives, general services admin., washington, d.c. 20408. it has many people relate to the soldier and assumed decendants of samuel referenced in it. it is service record r-9891 pvt. robert snead, hanover county virginia. let me know if you have specific questions and i will see what this book says. i do have to return it to it's owner.

Posted: 17 Dec 2001 6:08PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2002 3:41PM GMT
Surnames: Sneed/Snead/Sharp/Taylor
Hi Terry, this is Dennis Sneed in Oklahoma City. I am a member of the SAR & have proven my line of Sneeds back to my 4th greatgrandfather Robert Sharp Sneed. He was born in Nottaway Co, VA 23 Jan 1760. Can you tell if the book is about my Robert or some other Robert? Thanks, Dennis

Posted: 7 Jan 2002 12:24AM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2002 7:27PM GMT
dennis, i don't remember a sharp as a middle name in any of my research. there are a lot of roberts with middle name william and james etc. don't remember any sharp. but, martin h. snead at 20294 hickory hill way, saratoga, california 95070 has a lot of infomation on va. snead's that went to s.c. then moved west. you have to write him. but his son or someone has e-mail, after you get in touch with martin. i was only interested in this cause of the toombstone on the property where i grew up. good luck. terry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions