Search for content in message boards

Flora Jane Fitzwater Camp & daughter Susie Jane

Flora Jane Fitzwater Camp & daughter Susie Jane

Posted: 16 Dec 2011 3:29AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
I am Floras granddaughter and Susies neice. My aunt Susie died at 2 years old from accidental poisoning. My grandmother Flora died in 1936 while in childbirth. I am desperately trying to find their graves. It could be WV in Boone County or surrounding counties. Some say it could be Vinton County Ohio. Can anyone out there help?

Re: Flora Jane Fitzwater Camp & daughter Susie Jane

Posted: 17 Dec 2011 9:20AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: CAMP, FITZWATER, NELSON
this may give a lead

LOGAN DAILY NEWS
EWARK - A memorial service for Goldie Nelson, 85, of Newark. and formerly of Logan. is 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 4, at the local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, state Route 664 and Blosser Road, Logan, with Bill Edwards presiding.

Mrs. Nelson was born Oct. 28, 1921, in Fayette County, W.Va., to her late parents John and Flora Jane (Fitzwater) Camp. She passed away Saturday, July 28, 2007, at Flint Ridge Nursing Care Center, Newark. She was a homemaker and she was one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Goldie is survived by her children, Joyce (Joe) Smith, Larrie (Carol) Nelson, Lena (Bob) Smith, Ann (Bill) Barrick, John T. Nelson, Jill (Roger) McKinley and Candace (Mike) Wahl; 21 grandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren; brothers, Larrie and Golden Camp; sister, Mary Dot Sorrell; and numerous nieces and nephews.

In addition to her parents, Goldie was preceded in death by her husband, Ray Oliver Nelson

Posted: 19 Dec 2011 12:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for your response, but I already have this information. All responses I do receive point to both mother and daughter being buried in Vinton, OH. That is as far as I can get. But, I will keep going until I find both of them. Again, thank you so much for responding.

Posted: 19 Dec 2011 10:13AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: CAMP, FITZWATER,
had a quick look & there are many trees on Anc. for this lady & her family - they state that her name is

Flora (Cloah) Jane Fitzwater
Birth June 18, 1896 in Clay, West Virginia
Death 19 Jun 1936 in Vinton, Vinton, Ohio, United States

the name "Cloah" is shown & stated on the Register of Births District of King, Clay Co., so, its a probable that is the name she was buried by

Regretfully none of the trees show a burial place for her or Susie Jane Camp
Birth 15 Mar 1915 in Clay Co, , West Virginia, USA
Death 3 Jun 1917 in Clay Co, , West Virginia, USA

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 1:08AM GMT
Ellinspain:

I just found your email online. I don't have the old email anymore. My new email is campedwards1006@gmail.com.

I am very excited about the information you provided about Flora Jane Camp. I will research further with this information.

It saddens me on Susie Jane. She died from poisoning at the age of 2. I will pursue her until I find a burial place for her. I am driven for some reason.

Thank you so much for the information!

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 12:16AM GMT
Surnames: Camp/Fitzwater
I have a copy of grandma camp's death cert. and it says she was buried in W.Va.
she did die in vinton ohio. but was removed to W.Va. to be buried. also did you see the new
picture i posted of her as a child.i got it from her daughter Dot Sorrell. I think Aunt Dot and one
of my uncles (can't remember witch one) are the only childern of John Henry Walter Camp and Flora Jane Fitzwater Camp still living. i know Aunt Dot is still living because i just visited with her this past Oct. at a family Reunion

Posted: 23 Feb 2014 6:43PM GMT
I just found your email and am thrilled about the photo you have of her as a child. I am not a subscriber to Ancestry.com but have a family tree at Heritage.com. I would love to see this photo and include it in our history. Are you able to send a copy to me at my personal email address at campedwards1006@gmail.com? You have no idea how much it would mean to me. I did not know about any family reunion either. I did find out the Flora Jane is buried in the Fitzwater Cemetery is WV. My plans are to visit the cemetery before our move to New Mexico.
Please keep in touch.

Posted: 17 Apr 2014 1:03AM GMT
Are you able to send the photo to me at campedwards1006@gmail.com? I want so badly to have more than just one photo of my grandmother. I would appreciate it so much.

Posted: 9 Aug 2014 10:33PM GMT
Surnames: Camp, Fitzwater, Sorrell
Flora Jane Fitzwater Camp & her Baby Susie Jane were buried together in Salem Cemetary in Salem, Ohio. Now don't get it confused with the Salem Cemetary that is located just past the Berlin Cross Roads near Wellsron, Ohio. It has the name os Salem Cemetary also. My mother is Mary Dot (Camp) Sorrell Erwin. Her and brother Larrie Camp are the only left surviving Camp children of John Henry Walter Camp & Flora Jane Fitzwater Camp. Larrie is very frail in health. Momma is 83 and i believe Larrie is 86 maybe...But i assure Flora Jane & her Infant are still buried at that Cemetary along with John Henry...My Momma has told quite a few times about the baby being buried laying across her momma chest in the casket. There were never any Headstones, just very old markers. My cousin Bubby Cardwell couls probably tell you where they are. I also believe my Brother Kenny & psooibly Wilbur may also know. I can find out for you and get back to you and let you know. Oh, by the way i'm sure you've guessed by now. I am Flora & john's granddaughter, Elsie Ruth(Sorrell) Long. Mary Dot's Daughter. I am the fifth of nine children.

Posted: 27 Aug 2014 2:35AM GMT
That is where Uncle Bill is buried too. I was told by a Fitzwater that she was buried in the Fitzwater Family Cemetery in Enoch, WV. I don't know why, but everything about Grandma Flora is such a mystery. So, for certain she is buried with her infant in Salem Cemetery? I need to let my dad (Larrie) know. He was never told where she was buried and just within the last 6 mos. I told him it was Enoch. I am so thankful for you and any other information you can share would be appreciated. What ever happened to Uncle Fred?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic