Search for content in message boards

Obituary lookup - Ontonogon Herald

Obituary lookup - Ontonogon Herald

Posted: 12 Oct 2010 3:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lockerby
Greetings,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. I'm looking for the obituary of John Lockerby, which appeared in the Ontonogon Herald 15 Dec 1934, and there was a correction to the obituary 22 Dec 1934. Any help would be appreciated!

Lindi

Re: Obituary lookup - Ontonogon Herald

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 6:31PM GMT
I'll look it up some time this week for you when I go into Ontonagon.

Posted: 4 Nov 2010 3:22PM GMT
I have copies of the obituaries you wanted. Do you want a copy of them or should I just send them to you in a message. My scanner won't work with my new computer so I can't scan them in at this point.

Posted: 28 Jun 2011 3:23AM GMT
Hi!

I responded by PM way back when this was posted. Hoping to hear from you.

Re: Obituary lookup - Ontonagon Herald

Posted: 11 Oct 2011 2:11PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 11 Oct 2011 2:16PM GMT
Surnames: Lockerby, Winters, Klapperich, Penegor
John Lockerby, a well-known local resident, died Sunday at his home here, following a long illness. For the past two years he had been confined to his bed.

Mr. Lockerby was 79 years old, having been born on April 26, 1855, in Bornaway, Canada. He came to this village about forty-five years ago and was later united in marriage to Emma Winters. Mr. Lockerby's occupation was barbering and he operated a shop here for many years, until ill health forced retirement.

Mr. Lockerby was a 32nd degree Mason, a Shriner, a Knight Templar, an Odd Fellow and a member of the local fire department. He was a staunch supporter of all beneficial community activities and was especially interested in all sports and in the Ontonagon band. The band was in attendance at the funeral and played the funeral march.

Funeral services were held Wednesday afternoon from the family residence and were held under the auspices of the Masonic Lodge. The Ontonagon Fire Department was in attendance and marched in the funeral procession. Rev. William Yauch preached a short sermon at the grave. Interment was made in the Riverside Cemetery. Pallbearers were: Charles Eichen, Louis Bailey, H. A. Savage, Joseph Bronoel, John Willman, and Steve Mitchell.

Surviving the deceased are his wife; two daughters, Mrs. Walter Klapperich, of this village, and Mrs. Clarence Penegor, of Rockland; one son, Jack; eight grandchildren, Jean and Betty Klapperich, Jacqueline and Dorothy Jane Lockerby, of Ontonagon; and Dorothy, LeRoy, Sidney and Donna Mae Penegor of Rockland.

Posted: 11 Oct 2011 2:17PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 11 Oct 2011 2:19PM GMT
Surnames: Lockerby, Winters, Klapperich, Penegor
Mrs. John Lockerby, age seventy-nine years and six months, passed away at the Ontonagon hospital on Tuesday, May 31, at 12:15 p.m.

Mrs. Lockerby had been in ill health for some time and a day or two before her death, she fell at her home and fractured her left hip. The effects of the fall, coupled with a heart condition, were the immediate cause of her death.

Mrs. Lockerby was born in Ontonagon November 12, 1858, her father and mother being Mr. and Mrs. Harry Winters. She spent her entire life here.

She leaves two sons and two daughters, besides other relatives and friends. The daughters are Mrs. W. R. Klapperich of Ontonagon and Mrs. Clarence Penegor of Rockland. The sons are Jack Lockerby and Waldstein Jamison. She also leaves two brothers and a sister.

Funeral services were held at the family residence on Thursday, the Reverend William F. Reipschlager officiating.

The bereaved family has the sympathy of their many friends.

The Ontonagon Herald - Saturday, June 4, 1938

Posted: 11 Oct 2011 2:20PM GMT
Surnames: Lockerby, Klapperich, Penegor
Did you need the obituary for Jack Lockerby, Ethel Klapperich, Mabel Penegor?

Posted: 11 Oct 2011 2:31PM GMT
Thank you very much for your help!

No, I do not need the children's obituaries. The obituaries were very helpful!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions