Search for content in message boards

West Monterey Cemetery

West Monterey Cemetery

Posted: 15 Nov 2002 2:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 May 2003 2:29AM GMT
Can anyone give me contact information for whomever holds the cemetery records for West Monterey cemetery?
(name, address, e-mail, phone???)
Thanks Diane

Re: West Monterey Cemetery

Posted: 26 Nov 2002 8:09AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2013 2:41AM GMT
Diane,

If you find the answer to this question please let me know too. My family, both my grandparents, father and a couple of generations before them were from the West Monterey area. I'm related to the Bartley's and Rumbargers. I'm mainly seeking information about Hice Rumbarger. I'm confused as to whether his father was Miles Rumbarger or a possible entry for a George Romberger.

What information are you seeking specifically?

Posted: 26 Nov 2002 12:59PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2003 2:29AM GMT
I am looking for the final resting place and date of death of Julia Kish, my grandmother's sister who died as a young child. She was born in West Monterey around 1908. I think she died between 1910 and 1914 but I am not sure of that either! Specifically, I am looking for the person(s) who maintain cemetery records for the cemeteries in Perry Township, Clarion County, PA.

Posted: 27 Nov 2002 12:43PM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2006 7:47PM GMT
I'm actually in Clarion County for the weekend and planning on doing some research. I will try to find out some information for you. I'll post again later.

Mary Ellen Wilkeson (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2006 8:32PM GMT
I have been trying to research my family and on my fathers side, James F. Hennesy JR. his mother was Irene Bernice Bartley. She had 1 sibling, Fred Bartley. I am not sure of their parents names, but I have the family Bible and my great-great grandparents were Elizabeth (Smith) Bartley and Daniel Bartley. Do you have any info on them. The lived in West Monterey. In the summers in the '60''s we had a summer house in W Monterey right next to a house where a priest use to summer, along the river. My Grandmother, Irene Bartley Hennessy told me her mothers family, the Smith's owned a store there in the 1890's to 19?

I would appreciate any info you have.

Thanks,

Mary Ellen (Hennessy) Wilkeson (Carnegie, PA)

Diane (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2006 11:26PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2013 2:43AM GMT
Mary Ellen,

I'm sorry I do not have any information for you but I did not want to ignore your request.

I gave up my search in W. Monterey several years ago. My grandmother's family only lived there 5-10 years. They immigrated from Hungary and the whole family moved together apparently leaving no trace of their existance in W. Monterey.

I contacted PA vital statistics, the Clarion County Historical Society and made a couple phone calls to individuals who were supposedly involved with cemetery care but to no avail. As I'm sure you have found, records during that time were scarce.

But I wish you good luck in your search.

Diane

Posted: 20 Jun 2006 10:47PM GMT
You just might be in luck! My ex-husband was the secretary for the West Monterrey Cemetery Association. It is a lovely old cemetery, and as far as I know has been kept up very well.

If you are still interested, I could contact him to see who has the cemetery records. I know for sure there was a map, but I would have to know what surnames you are interested in.

I'm more than willing to help because I know how frustrating it can be to locate records of these old, small cemeteries.

Posted: 21 Jun 2006 12:08PM GMT
Surnames: Bartley
Carol,

My Family's last name was Bartley. My Great Grandfather was Daniel W. Bartley and Great Grandmother was Elizabeth (Smith) Bartley. I was also told the Smith's owned a store in W Monterey. We went there every summer for a number of years and owned a small house on the road along the river. Thank for any help you can give.

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2006 1:38PM GMT
Surnames: Bartley, Rumbarger
Mary Ellen,

I'm curious to our possible relationship. My grandmother was Alta LaVern Bartley. Her father was Robert Addison and mother was a Campbell. They owned a large home along the river in West Monterey and that is also where my father was born (James LeMoine Rumbarger)

I'd like to share more information.

Posted: 21 Jun 2006 1:52PM GMT
My great-great grandparents, Daniel and Elizabeth got married in 1860's(I have a copy of the marriage license at home and the family bible which lists all their childrens births and some death. My Great granfather was Fred Bartley. When we use to go to W. Monterey in the summer, My Grandmother's (Irene Bernice (Bartley) Hennessy Aunt still was alive. Her name was Sadie Bartley and got married later in life, but I don't know what her married name was.

I made a mistake on the first email becaue Daniel and Elizabeth were my Great-Great Grandparents not Great.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions