Search for content in message boards

McTyre

Posted: 16 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Oct 2001 9:34PM GMT
Surnames: McTyre
I wish I'd read your query before I left home today. I drove up to Essex County, the county just north of Middlesex. Along the way we stopped at several church cemeteries, and I recall that one church had a good many McTyre tombstones.

Since I am not researching this family, I do not recall just where we were, but I believe it was either Ephesus Baptist Church or Rappahannock Christian Church, both in Essex County.

I hope this will be of some help.
Posted: 16 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2003 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: Mary E
Mary McTrye married Henry Garrett in Middlesex Co., Va 1844 Her mother was listed as Mary C.. Can anyone connect Mary to Henry or Joseph Mc Tyre who were living in Middlesex Co., per 1820 census

McTyre Family history

Larry.Burton (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Josiah McTyre
Can anyone tell me where and when Josiah McTyre came from? He lived in Middlesex County, Virginia. I can supply information concerning one of his great grandsons who moved to Kentucky, Larkin C. McTyre, who married Eliza George. They were my great great grand parents.There is only one elderly man left in our family who actually carries the name McTyre; and no McTyre women are left. ANY clue or assistance will be MOST welcome. I have looked for Larkin's Father's name,etc., since 1952! I had about given up on ever finding them. Thanks! Larry L. Burton

Josiah McTyre

Posted: 4 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McTyre, Daniel
Hi Larry,

I have been gathering information on the McTyre since my gr gr grandmother Mary E. McTyre b. 1827 Middlesex Co., VA was found in the records last year. So I'm rather new. I didn't write down where I found this but here goes:

Josiah McTyre married Nancy Daniel July 1800 Henry McTyre was his father. Elizabeth Daniel is Nancy's mother. Sur & Wit was Lewis Montague.

Eliz McTyre, daughter of Josiah McTyre married Thomas Hundley 1795 Christ Church Essex Co., and another dated it April 1, 1790. I had a note that this was off Ancestry.com.

I have more marriages listed for McTyre. I did go to the area last Sept/Oct and visited the VA History Library and the State Library and Mary Ball Washington Library. I may have gotten the information in one of these places. Sorry I can't give you the source, but at least you know it is out there. I'll e-mail you.

Robert McTyre - Middlesex Co, Va

Jo Ann Riker (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lee, McTyre, Cundiff, Mitchell, Burleson
Hi, Larry...
I just made a connection of Fanny Lee, m. Robert McTyre, 1771, Middlesex Co, Va; children, Alcinda(Alcey), b. 1774 and Frances. Alcinda, m. Benjamin Cundiff, 1795; Frances, m. George Pope,1796,Richmond Co, Va. I am descended from
Fanny and Alcinda.

What is timeframe for Josiah McTyre?

Jo Ann

Re: McTyre Family history

Posted: 29 Oct 2001 12:38AM GMT
Hi again,
I've obained the Essex Co., Marraiage Index for 1655-1900 and I'm still in the dark. BUT I do believe after I looked at Josiah's Will 1795 and what he left his wife and Ann McTyre's Will 1795 that they were the same items. And Ann stated her brothers_______Hundley. So I'm writing Ann Hundley married Josiah McTYRE.
I've also seen a chart from Tom Moore's site which lists Joseph/Josiah(as the same person)married both Nancy Ann Danielin 1800 and Mary Haile 1824. While I believe they are father and son I have no proof and Tom Moore hasn't answered how he came to that conclusion. Any thoughts.
Your cousin?
Mary in Alabama

Re: Robert McTyre - Middlesex Co, Va

tamie (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2002 2:14AM GMT
Is your Robert McTyre the son of Robert and Elizabeth Frizzle McTyre?

Henry and Josiah McTyre

Tamie (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2002 2:22AM GMT
Surnames: McTyre
Mary,

Do you have any idea who Henry McTyre's father was?

Re: Josiah, Henry and Josiah McTyre

Posted: 29 Nov 2002 1:29AM GMT
Hi Tamie,
Josiah McTyre's Will of 1795 lists son Henry McTyre land & plantation whereon he now lives, dau. Elizabeth Hundley, grandson Josiah McTyre, George McTyre Hundley and grand dua. Catharine McTyre.
George McTyre Hundley b. 20 Apr 1791 d. 20 Dec 1833 per book HUNDLEY OF ESSEX CO., VA
Thomas Hundley m. Elizabeth McTyre 1 Apr 1790
Henry's Will(I can't make out the date)proved 1824. hHe lists sons Josiah, William, George, Henry and dau Catherine Dunn.
Smiles, Mary in Alabama
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions