Rivals Family Montauban and Toulouse

Rivals Family Montauban and Toulouse

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 1:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rivals
Looking for Rivals Family History Connecting
Marguerite Rivals Born/Ne 1870-1871 or 1860-1861
Toulouse Rue Dom Faissette 9. Montauban

Marguerite Rivals is my great grandmother.

-Dan Goldberg
Maryland USA

Re: Rivals Family Montauban and Toulouse

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 11:18AM GMT
Hello Dan,

TOULOUSE : birth, marriage and death certificates from Toulouse are on line :
http://basededonnees.archives.toulouse.fr/4DCGI/Web_Registre...
Select "Recherches généalogiques" (clic on the little cross on the left) then "Etat civil" (little cross again).

MONTAUBAN : also birth, marriage and death certificates on line :
http://www.archivesdepartementales.cg82.fr/
click on "J'accepte" on the bottom of the first page.
Then, at the bottom on the left, in "choisir une commune" choose MONTAUBAN.
Then in "choisir un type de registre" choose first "TD" (= tables décennales) and then "EC" (=Etat civil).
First, in Tables Décennales, you will find alphabetic lists of names all 10 years. You will find precise dates about your ancestors.
With these dates, then choose "EC" which are the certificates registers.

Good search and good luck,
Regards,
S@ndrine

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 3:54AM GMT
S@ndrine,
This has been helpful. And I have two possible leads now on my great great grandparents. However, I am falling short because I cannot connect either of them to the place of residence for my great grandmother as listed on my grandmothers birth record..... Toulouse Rue, Dom Faissette 9 ? (??? Jaissette 9????)..
Is there some record to look at this address? The timeframe for this address would have been 1901.

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 4:38AM GMT
Hello,

I'm happy you can find new elements.

On the archives municipales de Toulouse website, there are census of population : choose "registres de recensements 1872-1936".

http://basededonnees.archives.toulouse.fr/4DCGI/Web_FondsLis...

As Toulouse is a very big town, it's divided into several sections called "cantons" : north, center, west and south.

The difficulty is to find in which canton the adress you look for is situated. (If you want me I read it correctly, give me the link or the reference of the act in which you find it).

Don't hesitate to ask help to the agents of the archives municipales of Toulouse in order they tell you in which canton your adress is. On the first page of the website, click on "contacts" and choose "demande de renseignements".
http://www.archives.mairie-toulouse.fr/index.php?id=86
Fill the blancks and send your request. Be the more precise and short you can.

If you want me I translate your message into French, contact me.

Regards,
S@ndrine

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 3:35PM GMT
S@ndrine,
I think the address is in the "center" at least it certainly appears that way from a map. I have written to the archive as you suggested to confirm. It is a difficult task to look through the census because it is over 1,400 pages and it does not seem to be sorted, so I think I have to manually look for the page with the address. If you have a quick way please let me know.

The address is 9 Rue Dom Vaissette. Which I beleive is also called "Impasse" Dom Vaissette today. Do you know if there is a time period where "Dead End" streets were changed from "Rue" to "Impasse", on my mothers birth certificate the address of residence is written as "Toulouse, Rue Dom Faissette -9." (I guess that the letter written as a script "F" is meant to be "V" phoenetically)

Thanks so much. Your help so far has been great!!

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 6:01AM GMT
Hello,

Each census is very huge ; but it's not necessary to look at the 1 400 pages because there are like small "sums up", (lists os streets), of earch quarters in the "Notice Détaillée".

As an exemple, for 1872 census Centre, in "Notice Détaillée" you have :
"[Pages récapitulatives par quartier, village, hameau ou rue consultables aux vues n° 0084, 0168, 0272, 0356, 0440, 0524, 0648, 0878, 0986, 1114, 1158, 1242, 1326. "

Once in "voir le registre", if you select directly these views you will reach the sums up called "pages récapitulatives par quartier" and you will know if the street you look for is in that part of the document.

I really don't know Toulouse, I can help you about the rue Dom Vaissette. The best is to ask the archives municipales de Toulouse.

Good luck
Regards,
S@ndrine

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 8:07PM GMT
OK, so I guess what I have to say has absolutely nothing to do with this 'thread' but as I am relatively 'new' to dealing with such things I can only but hope that one of you can lead me in perhaps the right direction.
I have been doing ancestry research as a hobby for friends for about 10 years now and whilst researching the family of an old friend of mine I have come across the name Hyppoltye Francois Bouffet Marquis de Montauban, who married my friend's ancestor Anne Round (she was also married to a Frederic Orlebar!). I am keen to find out as much as I can about this gentleman as apparently the 'witness' at their wedding in 1845 was Louis Napoleon. Any help much appreciated.
Many thanks
Jane

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 5:25AM GMT
Hi Jane,
I am not sure I am able to help on your specific quest. As you may surmise from my previous question I am searching for my great grandmother's origins which I believe to be from the village/city/town of Montauban, in the department of Tarn et Garonne France, which is north of Tolouse.

The name you have,Hyppoltye Francois Bouffet Marquis de Montauban. Seems to be a pretty well known figure from a simple google search which turns up tons of intformation (and pretty interesting), but i have no more information on for you than the search engine can provide.

Wish I could be of more help here.
-Dan

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 7:27AM GMT
Hello Jane,

did you try the website GENEANET.ORG ?
Regards
S@ndrine

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 8:16AM GMT
Try fil d'ariane - the front page has a British flag to translate into English if you don't speak French

http://www.entraide-genealogique.net/index.php

They will help you - they are really helpful

Researching ancestors in France is not always possible on the internet as not all records are digtitalised

Suzanne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions