Search for content in message boards

Langes from Finckenstein, W Prussia

Langes from Finckenstein, W Prussia

Posted: 9 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Sep 2002 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: Lange, Ehrig, Ehrich, Brest
Gottfried Lange b 1819 in Prussia m Caroline Ehrig/Ehrich. They had children Carl, Godfrey Jr, Wilhelmine, August, Ferdinand, Julius & Caroline. Found them in Lutheran church records in Finckenstein, Kreis Rosenberg, West Prussia for period 1857 to 1877 (when they came to United States). Settled in Detroit, MI area. Where were they prior to 1857?
Families also seem to link up with surname Deutschmann, Gall and Janoske.

tracing my fathers family Kurt Ehrig.

Ursula M. Todd (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ehrig
Hi
I am trying to trace my fathers family. Kurt Ehrig.
He came to Canada after world war two, from West Germany.
But I beleive his father was in the East, and remarried after the war. My father married my mother in Germany. Her madain name was Hanna Michel And lived near Offenback
Thanks
Posted: 19 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 8:41PM GMT
Surnames: Lange, Kiechler, Johnson, Wells, Willis
I am looking for information on my grandfather George Henry Lange b.about May of 1890 in Henry County Ohio. He married Ida Agusta Kiechler in or around Detroit Mi. My father was born in Toledo Ohio. We loose track of him after my father was born. We believe he may have been drafted in WWI. If anything sounds familiar please e-mail me.

Re: Langes from Finckenstein, W Prussia

dkuhns (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2002 9:59PM GMT
Surnames: NACHTIGAL, KORTH
Where did you get the Lutheran church records from Finckenstein? I've been looking and haven't been able to find them...
Thanks!
www.geocities.com/davidgkuhns/nachtigal.html is a Finckenstein relative

Posted: 1 Feb 2003 3:18PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2003 3:03AM GMT
I have recently found a page out of my German Family Bible that has Gottfried Lange, born 1819 or 1809 in Erfurt, Prussia.
It seem that he ame to the US and then married Magdalen Lipps 9-29-1842 in Richmond, VA Their children were Willom, born 12-08-1843, Caroline, born 07-27-1845, Martin Lange, born 08-03-1847, Gottfried,Jr., born 07-25-1849, Henry,brn 10-29-1851 (died 1852) & Jacob,born 01-08-1854. I am not sure if they re connected somehow but maybe.

Posted: 18 Aug 2003 6:32PM GMT
Greetings! My father was Ferdinand Lange, born and raised in Sebewaing, Michigan. My great great Grandfather was John Lange, whom had three children.

If any of this is applicable to you, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Fred (Fritz) Lange

Sarah Lange (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2003 1:59AM GMT
There was a Ferdinand (1) Lange in my line also but he lived in Taylor (Wayne County) Michigan and only had one son - also named Ferdinand. Ferdinand (1)'s father was Gottfried who also lived in Taylor after immigrating in the 1870's.

Don't think there's a connection.

Posted: 10 May 2005 6:27PM GMT
Surnames: Lange Schroeder Brosch Wehrmeister
I'm very new to genealogical research, but I believe this is my great-great-great grandfather and his family.

According to my records (which, again, are a beginner's):

Gottfried Lange Sr was the father of Gottfried Lange Jr (born in Germany around 1850, died in 1911, maybe married Caroline Schroeder).

Gottfried Lange Jr was the father of William F. Lange (born 28 March 1884 in Taylor, MI; was christened 14 May 1885 in Taylor; died in 1950).

William F. Lange married Emma Brosch, and they were the parents of my paternal grandfather, Walter Carl Lange (born 05 March 1908 in Detroit, MI; died 05 January 1963 in Taylor, MI; is buried in Glen Eden Cemetery in Livonia, MI).

Walter Carl Lange married Hazel Genevieve Wehrmeister (born 04 October 1909 in Detroit, MI; died 15 October 1968 in Taylor, MI; is buried in Glen Eden Cemetery in Livonia, MI).

Walter Carl Lange and Hazel Genevieve Wehrmeister were the parents of my father, Gary Hal Lange.

I'm very interested in corresponding with anyone who might have additional or conflicting information on this and other related lines.

- Katherine

Posted: 17 Feb 2012 7:26PM GMT
this might help Gottfried lange 1838-1917 Muttersegen came to taylor mi in 1800's maired Caroline Turski
jclang@provide.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic