Search for content in message boards

Latvian soldier served WWII - Family History and remaining family members

Latvian soldier served WWII - Family History and remaining family members

Posted: 31 May 2010 7:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vizulis
Hi, I am trying to locate my father's family (he was originally from Baltinava, Latvia) and any other relatives that I may have. I don't know where to look now as have searched and searched for ages to no fruition. Can anyone help? My fathers name was Aloizs Vizulis, his parents were named Meikuls & Veroizika Vizulis. Thx

Re: Latvian soldier served WWII - Family History and remaining family members

Posted: 1 Jun 2010 6:13AM GMT
You may want to try contacting:
http://www.dd-wast.de/

Would this be of any interest?

Nachname: Vizulis
Vorname: Irene
Dienstgrad:
Geburtsdatum: 09.02.1913
Geburtsort:
Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 13.01.1946
Todes-/Vermisstenort:

Irene Vizulis ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in Rastede (Bundesrepublik Deutschland) .
Endgrablage: Block 2 Reihe 7 Grab 5

Ken
http://hamiltongreatwar.org/

Posted: 1 Jun 2010 10:44AM GMT
Surnames: Vizulis
Thx Ken, I will look into this but I have recently found out that my father served in the Latvian Legion as I have been reading up on this. I am not sure of the best place to go to to get access to any of his records.

Regards

A

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 8:54PM GMT
I know USA has some in national archives....I suspect their are some Germany archives under SS since organizationally the Latvian legion was under the waffen SS.

Any real searches are looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack due to relative small size of Latvian legion compared to German military machine......

Also their is the probability that many records were deliberately destroyed. My Uncle was in the Latvian legion and suspects that Patton was assinated. In 1991 he pointed out there were several elderly men who fought on various sides and had decorations from warrieng armies
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions