Search for content in message boards

MIX TODD OF CT AND NEW BRUNSWICK

MIX TODD OF CT AND NEW BRUNSWICK

Alan H. Hawkins (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 5:50PM GMT
Mix Todd was born in New Haven CT in 1752, s/o Gershom and Katharine (Mix) Todd. He was a Loyalist during the Revolution and went to New Brunswick after the war settling in the Parish of Douglas, York County, N.B. He married Ruth ___________. Would like to correspond with desc. Who was his wife? One daughter, Nancy, m. John Michael Hawkins (1786-1877), my ancestor.

Mix Todd Ancestry

Alice Todd (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2001 9:14PM GMT
My husband Arthur F. Todd Jr is related to Mix Todd also. Mix Todd and his wife Ruth(last name unknown) had a son named Alfred born about 1796 in Douglas, York, New Brunswick. He married Mary Ann Towne in New Brunswick about 1828. I believe they had about 8 children. One of whom was Daniel O. Todd born in Hodgden, Washington County, Maine. I am not familiar with the names of Mix and Ruth Todd's children. I do know that Mix Todd was the son of Gersham Todd and Katherine Mix. I would like to exchange any information and hope I can be of some help to you. I have not searched long but may have some information that would help. Alice & Artie Todd

Re: John Todd Bain, b. 1804, NB

Rick J Bain (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2004 12:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Oct 2004 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: Bain
Hi, I am trying to find a rerlation to my 4th great Grandfather John Todd Bain born 1804 in York Co New Brunswick, Have every reason to belive his father was Alexander Bain who settled in York County around 1785-1800, Maybe the wife was a Todd?? Any help is appreciated thank you?

Re: MIX TODD OF CT AND NEW BRUNSWICK

Posted: 16 Feb 2005 3:14AM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2006 8:01PM GMT
Surnames: Todd, Scott
I believe that Mix Todd's wife was Ruth SCOTT, daughter of Hugh Scott. Hugh was an ensign and later Lt. in the 28th regiment of foot in the British army during the French and Indian war. I originally found this information on GenCircles.com. Mix todd is in "The Muster Roles of the Prince of Wales American Volunteers"It states that Mix gave sworn affidavits for Hugh Scotts will dated 2nd Oct. 1813. I was in Fredrickton, NB this last Oct., and copied the will. Both Mix and Ruth made sworn ststments. I have not found where Hugh Scott was born or married, or when he stayed in America or Canada, but I am still looking.

Re: John Todd Bain, b. 1804, NB

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 11:39PM GMT
Surnames: Todd, Merriman, Mix, Bain
Does this help?

Alexander Bain born about 1756 in Scotland, and died 1840 in York, New Brunswick. He was buried 1840 in 42nd Highland Regiment Taymouth Cemetary. Wife Esther Todd born 28 AUG 1759 in Cheshire New Haven, CT and died 1852 in Douglas, York, New Brunswick, she was the daughter of Gershom Todd and Katherine Mix. Esther Todd and Alexander Bain had a son George Bain 1777 died 24 MAY 1850 in Fredericton, York New Brunswick.

Gershom Todd's parents were Gershom Todd and Elizabeth Merriman.

Found this on Bain Family Tree on World Connect Project.

Leasa Garvin
downeastwaves@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions