Search for content in message boards

Marklowitz Genealogy

Marklowitz Genealogy

Posted: 20 Oct 2005 12:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Marklowitz, Scoropowski
Hi Roxanne, In looking up some genealogy tonite, I ran across my cousin, Donald Marklowitz's obituary. How very interesting to me. I am just beginning to work on the Marklowitz history and would be interested to know if you are part of this family and, if so, are you interested in sharing information. Don and I share the same grandparents, Fred and Caroline Marklowitz. Don's dad and my mother were brother and sister.
Hoping to hear from you soon. Alice

Re: Marklowitz Genealogy

Ed Marklowitz (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2005 12:55AM GMT
Hi Alice! This is your cousin Ed. I was just looking around on the computer and found your message! Mom and Dad are doing well! Keep me posted on your geneology search...

Merry Christmas! Ed Jr.

Posted: 31 Jul 2006 4:31PM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2006 8:18PM GMT
Hello

I am George Schleicher's daughter. His Parents were Frank and Emma (Marklowitz) Schleicher. His grandfather was Fred Marklowitz. We have been working on our geneology off and on for several years. My dad seems to remember that his grandfather had changed the family name from something else to Marklowitz. If you are part of the same family tree, do you happen to know what the "original" family last name was? Would you have any other geneology to share? Any information you have would be appreciated!

Alice (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2006 5:11PM GMT
Hi Jane, Just got your message. I am not aware that Grandpa changed their name but I'll do some searching into this. It was nice to see your message. I haven't had a lot of time to work on Marklowitz genealogy recently but hope to get back into it as fall and winter approach. I'll let you know what I find out about the name. I had all the Marklowitz genealogy entered and somehow somewhere it got lost. I still haven't figured out how or why I lost it. Sometimes these machines are just too complicated for me.

Alice Robinson (Helen Marklowitz's daughter)

Posted: 1 Jun 2007 6:44PM GMT
Fred appears in the 1900 US census in Mayhew Lake Township, Benton County, MN as "Marchlowitz".

I am wondering whether the John "Marchlowitz" that was in Minden Township, Benton County, MN in 1900 is any relation to Fred. John later moved to Pierce County, Wisconsin. He was a brother to one of my great great grandmothers. If Fred is also a brother, you may wish to know that their mother Anna Marchlowitz (nee Weiss) is buried in Minneola Township, Goodhue County, MN.

The younger children of John Marchlowitz changed the name to Marklevits, BTW. John, wife and two eldest sons are buried in Bay City, WI with name Marchlowitz.

Brad

Posted: 21 Sep 2007 3:26AM GMT
Surnames: Marklowitz
HI Jane,

I just saw your post and wonder if you found out anything about Marklowitz name being changed? Ann

Posted: 10 Mar 2010 3:28AM GMT
Don Marklowitz was my dad. His father's name was Fred, but I believe his mother's name was Lydia.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 7:42PM GMT
Surnames: Marlowitz, Ondov
My dad is a cousin of your dad. His name is e.m Ondov, his mom was Bertha Marklowitz. Have you found any ethnic info? Polish, Czech. Possibly Jewish?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions