Search for content in message boards

John Cole 1451 England

John Cole 1451 England

Amy Price (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2001 3:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a John Cole born around 1451 in Dorsetshire, England. He had a daughter named Margaret Cole who married John Drake. Does anyone have any information on this family? Thanks for your time and help!!!! Amy Price

Re: John Cole 1451 England

Posted: 30 Aug 2001 12:41AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2002 12:43AM GMT
Hi Amy
I don't have first hand info but I do see on another site there is a lot on this line. It shows Johns parents as John and Agnes m 1496. And the next generation as John and Carew m 1466 and then John and Christian m 1414. Another lines are Carew, Antage, Cole and Kailway.
Ken KEM1947@aol.com

Kathy G. (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2001 3:17PM GMT
Hi, Amy,

My Cole line hits a dead end with a JOHN COLE, b. 1596 in Essex, England, married in 1620 Sarah Deborne, b. 1601 in Essex. Their son, Henry, emigrated to the colonies and settled in Connecticut.

Is this your line as well? If so, I would appreciate any info from my John further back. I have the entire line forward to myself and my children and grandchildren.

Thanks!

Amy Price (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2001 3:15PM GMT
I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond! I do not know if this is your line or not, It may be but All I have is a John Cole father of Margaret Cole who married John Drake, so after her marriage I don,t have any more Cole,s. Sorry that i cant help, but if I find the name of John's wife and the name of thier children I will let you know!!

Amy

Amy Price (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2001 3:26PM GMT
Thanks for this info!! Amy

Kathy g. (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2001 4:50PM GMT
Thanks, Amy. Doess this John Cole you mention match up with mine by dates?

Amy Price (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2001 8:25PM GMT
My John Cole could possibly be your John Coles grandfather but I dont know that for sure. Untill I find the names of my John Coles children I really couldnt tell you for sure!
Sorry I couldnt help!! Amy Price

Carolyn Henshall (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2003 6:34PM GMT
I am interested in your John Cole and his descendants. I have Mary Cole, born 1796 in Connecituct and then later living in Canada ( United Empire Loyalists?) where she married before returning to the United States to live in Michigan where she died in 1881. I have no information on her parents. If you can add to this, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Kathy G. (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2003 6:48PM GMT
Greetings!

Cannot help you directly with your MARY, but I have listed below the children of Thomas and Miriam Kinnee Cole. This Thomas was the son of Thomas and Mary Brown Cole of Connecticut.

In this list, Amos Cole is my 4th great grandfather and I have his line down to me. He had a Mary, but the date is way off. You might try and track down Amos' siblings' children and see if one fits. Unfortunately, almost every family had a Mary.

Children of Thomas Cole:
Silas COLE b: 10 SEP 1758
Amos COLE b: 16 NOV 1759 in Voluntown, Connecticut ***
Spencer COLE b: 14 SEP 1761
Mary COLE b: 9 MAY 1763
Eunice COLE b: 12 MAR 1765
Levi COLE b: 20 NOV 1766
Thomas COLE b: 10 OCT 1768
Miriam COLE b: 9 MAY 1770
Jeremiah COLE b: 3 APR 1772
Samuel COLE b: 23 JUL 1775 in Voluntown, Connecticut

Good luck and let me know if you find a connection. I can help with a few earlier generations on Thomas. By the way, the Loyalist connection does not fit with this family because Amos and Thomas both fought in the Revolution.

Kathy

Re: Cole in Voluntown, New London, CT

Posted: 21 Feb 2005 9:41AM GMT
Surnames: COLE - DOW - LITTLE - KILLAM
Looks like we are related! I am descended from JOHN COLE (b.1725 in Voluntown) who married Hannah Newman (b. 1725) and had children named *NOAH, Hannah, John, Dorithy?, Mary, Ezra, Esther, Thomas, Lydia.

My line is descended from NOAH COLE (b. 1747 Voluntown) who married Molly Little in 1770 (b. 1751 Ipswich, MA) and had children named: Moses, Newman Fitts, Edmund, Ezra, *AZEL /ASAHEL COLE, Ezekiel, John, Frederick, and Molly.

*AZEL/AZIL/ASAHEL COLE (b. 1778 Voluntown, m. 1810 Sarah Dow b.1779 Windham, CT <Benj. Dow (b.1735 Voluntown, Ct )+ Mercy Killam (m.1768 Voluntown, CT

Their son *AZIL/AZAEL/AZEL DOW COLE (b.1818 Sterling, Windham CT; d. 1885 Waukesha, WI) was an Epis. Clergyman who married Sarah Dow (b. 1779 in Voluntown) in 1810.

Known children are Mary A. Cole and Eliz Bowers Cole. This is only a partial list.

These families were taken from Family Tree, so may include errors -- I still need to double-check with verified sources for accuracy.

Your family also includes a Mary and a Thomas Cole, and surely coming from Voluntown, these family must be closely related...I am looking for personal and anecdotal information related to these families.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic