Search for content in message boards

FILIP Family from Odrzykon Poland

FILIP Family from Odrzykon Poland

Posted: 26 Jan 2007 7:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FILIP, URBANEK, JASKOLKA, KORALIK
Josef Filip (b.1890) married Caroline Urbanek and had 6 children: 3 sons (Franciszek, Stanley and Joseph) and 3 daughters (Marie, Ludwika and Kazimiera). Parents and sons emigrated from Odrzykon Poland to Canada via Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1937. The daughters remained in Poland. Any information would be appreciated.

Re: FILIP Family from Odrzykon Poland

Posted: 27 Jan 2007 1:37AM GMT
pfazone

FILIP and URBANEK still in Odrzykon's phone book. Most likely distant relatives. Because of privacy law, no full address. www.wirtualnafrancja.com/telefony/index.php
www.polishroots.com/genpoland
www.pgsa.org
http://maxpages.com/poland
http://genforum.com Poland board

Posted: 6 May 2011 1:38PM GMT
Surnames: Eva
My father is from Odrzykon and I know that we are related.
Our realtives still live in Odrzykon and Krosno.

Posted: 6 May 2011 3:22PM GMT
Both of our fathers came from Odrzykon and you know that we are related, please tell me how we are related. I will be anxious to hear from you!

Posted: 9 May 2011 12:09PM GMT
Surnames: Ewa
Hi
My father's name was Wladyslaw Filip and his father's name was Wojciech, also born in Odrzykon.I think it was his brother or cousin who as a young man immigrated to United states lived in Westifield, Mass.- I think his name was Joseph(Jozef).
I recall my father mentioned often name Urabanek.Also, when I was a young girl, now I am 49 years old, my parents and I visited my grandfather in Odrzykon and I recall we visited a family Urbanek.

Posted: 12 May 2011 7:13PM GMT
The information you sent was interesting because I know that we have family in Massachusetts but I'm not sure how we are related to them. When was your grandfather Wojciech born and do you know the names of his siblings? Regarding the Urbaneks, I know absolutely nothing about them except that my grandmother's maiden name was Urbanek. So any information you can give me regarding that last name would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 12:50AM GMT
I hope you are all still checking these posts. I have a Jozef Danek who apparently came from Odrzykon and immigrated to Westfield, MA. Could this be the Jozef that is mentioned above?

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 1:04AM GMT
The Jozef I'm looking for is Jozef Filip not Danek. Don't know how large Odrzykon was back at the turn of the 20th Century, maybe they knew each other back in Poland. I know that I have relatives in the area of Westfield MA but do not know how to get in touch with them.

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 1:08AM GMT
Oh, well I'm from Westfield, so if I can help in any way, let me know.

Have you been successful in finding any information from Odrzykon? I can't seem to find anything through the LDS website or any online information.

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 1:37AM GMT
Thank you for offering to help from Westfield MA; hopefully, sometime I may take you up on your offer.

I haven't even tried to get information from Poland. I need to get more background information from Canada before I start researching in Poland. My father, his brothers and parents emigrated to Canada where they lived. Only my father came to the United States for a short time. I find it very difficult to get information from Canada for the late 1930s, the timeframe in which they arrived in Nova Scotia.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions