Search for content in message boards

Moses Adams

Moses Adams

Posted: 20 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Feb 2003 10:35PM GMT
Surnames: Adams, Price
Looking still for Moses Adams. He was born ca 1805 in Ky. He married Elizabeth Price. They lived and raised their children in Pulaski Co . I have George Adams as Moses' father but don't know if this is correct. Any help appreciated on this family.
Posted: 21 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Adams
Names aren't familiar. My Zachariah Adams was born abt 1760 died 1825 Pulaski CO.

Could your Adams Family connect

Carolyn Kidd Blake (View posts)
Surnames: Adams, Dishon, King, kidd
I am curious about your Adams family.My Adams begin with
Sophia Adams md Louis(Lewis)Dishon,Mildred "Milly Catherine
Kidd md.Thomas Francis Adams,Lucy Jane Kidd md.Edward "Edgar" Adams.Milly &Thomas had son Zachariah Adams b.abt 1837 in Lincoln Co,Ky,know sometie in with PulaskiCo.Lucy Jane Kidd &edgar Adams also had son named
Zachariah Adams,he md Elizabeth Oaks.does any of these names
sound familar. Could we connect,This Zachariah Adams was born abt 1835,in Lincoln Co,Ky may be a offspring from your batch.
I will keep you in mind as i try to find my Adams. Maybe we're long lost cousins. Where I live in Mt there are a lot of Pulaski Co people.

Buck Creek

Edited: 4 Mar 2002 3:22PM GMT
I don't have any map information. Pulaski Co.Deeds ,Book 11 Page 286,contains an 1841 deed ,grantor William Adams ,grantee William Price .I've been unable to find the birhplace of Thomas Adams (1765-1842),however in the article I mentioned above on Zachariah (1760-1825) it mentions that some of his brothers came to Kentucky with him. Maybe we are researching the same line and my Thomas is another son of Moses Adams and Anne Handy.

Moses Adams

Surnames: Adams, Price
Thank you so much. I have really been spinning my wheels on this family. Moses and Elizabeth's descendants are spread far and wide and I am apparently the only one tracing them!
Do you know if Pulaski Co has a map that shows the place these families lived?
Thanks again

Moses Adams

Gerald Adams (View posts)
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Adams Families Of Southeast Kentucky, page 156, states that Moses Adams married Elizabeth Price on 6/1/1822 in Somerset and that he was the son of Zachariah Adams whose father was also a Moses Adams. Moses was born at Buck Creek and Zachariah died there in 1825. I'm descended from Thomas and Elizabeth Adams of Buck Creek.

Happens sometime

Carolyn Kidd Blake (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Sorry,we couldn't match,happens that way sometimes.But it
was worth a try anyway,it mite fit in later down the line,who knows.Their mite be someone else read the message
and BINGO it fits.Thanks for getting back to me anyway.
Carolyn Kidd Blake at blakekidd@qwest.net

Sophia Adams

Posted: 8 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jun 2001 11:24PM GMT
Surnames: Adams, Godbey, Godby, others
Was your Sophia Adams born about 1849? Was she the daughter of Hannah Adams and Green Adams? If so, we may have a distant connection. My relative were mostly from Pulaski and Casey Co.
Thanks

Sophia Adams

Posted: 9 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jun 2001 11:24PM GMT
Surnames: Adams, Godbey, Godby
I'm don't think we are talking about the same Sophia Adams. None of the names you listed, show on my family charts. My Sophia is the daugther of Hannah. Hannah was a sister of my ggg grandfather. My Sophia was born in 1849 (was one yrs old in the 1850 census). She was the youngest of 6 children. Siblings are: Savannah (m. Milton Green Bryant), Rebecca, Elizabeth, Amanda, and John.
Unless you have some other matches, I don't believe they are the same person. Do you have any other info?
Thanks
Michele
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions