Search for content in message boards

Bruner Children's Home in Greenville, SC

Bruner Children's Home in Greenville, SC

Posted: 1 May 2005 12:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information on the Bruner Home, it was located in Greenville, SC, possibly on what is now Poinsett Highway. I am assuming that this was an orphanage, or a type of shelter for homeless children. I am interested in information from 1914 through 1916. My grandfather and his brother stayed with the Bruner's during that time. (I'm not sure that the spelling of the name is correct)

Thank you so much!
Patti Crumpton

Re: Bruner Children's Home in Greenville, SC

Posted: 2 May 2005 6:39AM GMT
I TOO WOULD LIKE SOME INFO ON THIS HOME, I WAS TOLD IT WAS ON AUGUSTA ST, IN GREENVILLE, AND THE NAME WAS BEULAH HOME, BUT THE PERSON WHO TOLD ME, WAS NOT REAL SURE OF THE NAME OR LOCATION,

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN IN OPERATION IN THE LATE 1920'S AND EARLY 1930'S ALSO

mike in UpstateSC (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2005 11:17PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Evans, Tate
This home was operated by the Salvation Army, unless a relative lived at both the Brunner home and a Salvation Army home. There was a relative (deceased) at Brunner in the 1920s. Somewhere in my notes I have an address for this home, either from a city directory or from the relative. Soon as I come across it, I will post. I would like more information on this home on behalf of the relative's children who now live in CA. end.

elaine (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2005 5:26PM GMT
I would be very interested in the address of this home, when you locate it, I will be looking for the post

thanks
elaine

Posted: 8 May 2005 5:46PM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2005 3:37PM GMT
The Bruner Home was located on Rutherford St., in Greenville, SC. It was operated by the Salvation Army, and I've been told that the Salvation Army may be able to give a list of the children enrolled there.

The location is now the Administrative offices of the Salvation Army.

mike in upstatesc (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2005 7:23PM GMT
Sorry, I incorrectly posted this when I intended it as a reply or reponse.

Below is not intended to be a complete list of locations, rather specific years named.

In 1907, the Brunner Home was located at 130 Lawton and Miss S. G. Davis was the Supt. while the Salvation Army was at 116 E. Broad.

1909 location, 218 McKay with the same Supt. Salvation Army was at E. Broad and N. Main with their Rescue Home on RUTHERFORD beyond the city limits.

1924 The Bruner Home (Salvation Army) 515 Rutherford.

1941 The Brunner Home for children at 417 Rutherford. end.

Posted: 16 Nov 2011 11:13AM GMT
I have information with pictures that may help. My mother and aunt were raised @ the home from 1925-1940. My email address is william.manley2@ch2m.com

Posted: 16 Nov 2011 11:15AM GMT
I have information with pictures that may help. My mother and aunt were raised @ the home from 1925-1940. My email address is william.manley2@ch2m.com

Posted: 16 Nov 2011 11:16AM GMT

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 9:42PM GMT
When did it close?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions