Search for content in message boards

evans

Posted: 5 May 2002 6:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: EVANS,Flener
I am an Evans decendent from Butler County. My fiance is the grandson of an Evans from Ballard County (Monkeys Eyebrow. Does anyone know if there are connections there between the Butler and Ballard County Evans? Much Thanks! Juanita Flener

Re: evans

Erma McKinley (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2002 4:50PM GMT
Surnames: Evans, Martin, Pate, Lee
My ggrandmother, Sarah Hester Evans, married William Washington Martin back in the 1800's. One of their sons, Columbus Lonzo Martin married Cordie Pate. These are my grandparents. Do you know anything on this family?

juanita flener (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2002 12:52AM GMT
Surnames: EVANS,Flener
I will check my manuals and see what I have. Where are your grandparents from? My Evans are from Butler County Kentucky. I remember that from memory. Will get back with you, have to pull out some records. Peace/ Juanita

Gary (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2002 1:54PM GMT
Surnames: Martin
Hi Erma
William Washington Martin is my ggggrandfather. I have Columbus Alonzo married Delila Lee on Feb 19, 1896. Is this an error of mine, or was he married twice. Do you have a marriage date for Columbus and Cordie?
Thanks;
Gary

Posted: 24 Jun 2002 2:37PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2004 2:08PM GMT
What Evans line are you? My husbands line came from Butler county as well.

Posted: 5 Aug 2002 1:47PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2005 10:35PM GMT
Surnames: Martin, Lee, Pate, Norris
Gary,
You are right, Columbus Lonzo Martin did marry Delilah Lee. He later married Cordie Pate (ca 1912), but I have not found a marriage locally for them. I believe they m. in TN.
They had seven children, Cecil died young; Woodrow b. 1913; Lucy died young; Opaline died young, Margaret Lucille b. 1920; Anna Mae b. 1922 (my mother); and another infant who died at birth. There were only three children that survived to have families. They are all dead now.
I am interested in trading info with anyone who is connected to this Martin family. (CLM later m. Lottie Norris, but they did not have any children.)

There is a Martin Reunion at the Park in Morgantown the third Saturday in September every year.
Erma McKinley

juanita (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2002 9:07PM GMT
Surnames: Evans,Flener
I switched email accounts therefore didn't know your reply was on there. I decend from Allen Evans father of Harrison Evans, father of Joseph Evans married to Mary Ann Polly Cotton, father of Joseph Evans married to Odecy White, father of Nevada Evans married to Henry Flener, father of Cleo Flener Sr. who is my dad. :) I am trying to find the connection between them and John Evans born 1924 to Charles Evans and Ella Abernathy Evans in Monkey's Eyebrow, Ballard County. Mine are from Butler. Thanks

Posted: 12 Aug 2002 2:37PM GMT
Would you Allen be the Allen who married Delilah Haney or a different one? If it is that one then we have a connection. Hope to hear from you soobn.
Tracy

Louise (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2003 3:48AM GMT
Allen "Owl" Evans who married Delilah Hancey (his second marriage) was a brother to my gg grandfather, Samuel. Allen and Deliah are buried at Akers Cemetery south of Sherman, Texas. Their children were Polly married Robert Burden, John marred Mattie Garett, William M. married Sary Eddie Burden, Sallie Evans, married Watson Taylor, James "Jim married ?, Martha J. married Jesse Burden, Izabel married Jasper Burden, and George married Nanie Burge.

Posted: 12 Jul 2003 11:23AM GMT
Hi:
Glad to find another relative. Can I ask where you got the spouses names? Some dont match what I have esp. John's whom my husbnad desc. Hope to hear from yoy soon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic