Search for content in message boards

Francis Marion Brooks

Francis Marion Brooks

Mike Stanley (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2002 5:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brooks, Matney, Yonts
I am Looking for information on Francis Marion Brooks. He was born 24 July 1859 in Letcher Co., KY. He maried Mary Jane Yonts in 1859 and after her death in 1879, he relocated to Arknasas and married Hulda Jane Matney in 1882. I am trying to find any information on either of these marriages and would be willing to share what I have. I am also trying to locate a Mrs. Teresa Johnson who is the Great Granddaughter of Francis Marion Brooks and has done some research on this line. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike and Tina Stanley
Searchin4family@aol.com

Re: Francis Marion Brooks

Posted: 13 Dec 2002 6:24PM GMT
Mike, I have a Francis Marion Brooks in my family, but he was born Feb 8, 1859 in ILL. He married Maggie Nix. db

Posted: 31 May 2013 8:58PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
I am the g-granddaughter of Francis Marion Brooks and Hulda Jane Matney Brooks. I have the marriage license of these two (a copy). I would be happy to share all the info I have and look forward to seeing what you have as well.
Please contact me at:
teresajohnson@windstream.net

Posted: 28 Feb 2014 6:59PM GMT
I also have a Frank Marion Brooks who married Phoebe Josephine Bogardus born in Michigan. My Frank was born in 1850 in Dubuque, Iowa and died Jan 1920. His parents were Charles A. Brooks b. 1790 in Virginia and Elmira Rhodes b.1819 in Virginia. I would be a half g-g-niece. Sharyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions