Search for content in message boards

Cahill ,Thurles Tipperary (marriage,death.birth)

Cahill ,Thurles Tipperary (marriage,death.birth)

Posted: 23 Apr 2006 10:08PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2006 1:53AM GMT
Iam searching for any info on Richard Cahill & Mary Jordan(Cahill) from Thurles Tipperary.They had 10 kids I know about 7 of them they are John.Matthew.Sarah.Norah,Annie,Mary ,William,.I know their mother died over here in Brisbane aust but their father died in Ireland so I don't know much about him.Mary father and Mother were name John Jordan and Mary Duggan.If any one knows any info could you please contact me at my e-mail address.Thank You.
Kerry

Re: Cahill ,Thurles Tipperary (marriage,death.birth)

Eilís O'Hara (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2006 11:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Kerry,

Do you have dates for any of these family members?

Regards.

Eilís O'Hara
Ireland

Posted: 24 Apr 2006 4:37AM GMT
Iam sorry I can not give you much on Richard.All I know on him is that he was a Bootmaker in Thurles Tipperary.His wife Mary Jordan(Cahill) Came over here in17/10/1901I beleive they got married about 1851.She came over too australia after Richard died.They had 10 kids I know of 7 of them they were,
William,Mary,Mathew(or matthew)Annie,Norah,Sarah,(my grandmother) I do have all the shipping details and ages of the family.I think I all ready said that Mary Parents were John Jordon & Marry Duggan.If You have any info that I can use please contact me and Ill do like wise.Also they were Roman Catholics.And she married Richard at the age of 19yrs.And as far as I can make outthey all came from Thurles Tipperary.Please contact me if you need too know more.

Posted: 24 Apr 2006 4:46AM GMT
Being here in australia is hard but here is the list of birth dates of the kids that I think they were born on.

William 1863
John 1866
norah 1882
Sarah 1881
mary 1863
Annie 1876
Matthew 1875
I think these are right not 100% sure but would be just a year out either side.

Posted: 9 May 2006 7:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Kerry,

You should be able to get most of your ancestors birth and death certificates from the Registrar of Births deaths and marriages, Kenyon St, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary. It will cost you €10 per certificate but they may photocopy the entries for you if you ask. Give the names, locations and bracket the years. If you specify a year they'll just search that years book. Also records began on Jan 1st 1864.

Good Luck,

Mick Dolan

maureen (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2006 11:04PM GMT
My grandmother was Mary Cahill, born in 1895, in Thurles...she has relations there in the Flanagan, Dwyer families. I will be there in the next few weeks and would like to meet any of you -- in a local pub there. I remember Pat Dwyer, and Bill and Molly Flanagan's children, although their names escape me. My dad was John McGuinness and George was my uncle.

Posted: 10 May 2006 3:02AM GMT
My Grandmothers mother name is Mary Jordan(Cahill) she married Richard Cahill they had 10 Kids and live in Thurles Tipperay he was a bootmaker If you think they could be related please Contact me.Thank You
Kerry

maureen wagenaar (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2006 3:23AM GMT
Hello Kerry:

Thank you for your quick reply -- this is what I know (from marriage Register and Baptismal Record) From the Parish of Moycarkey -- My Grandmother was born of Bridget(Flanagan) and Patrick Cahill on 14 November 1895 -- she had a brother (Patrick Cahill) who was a year older, and was killed in WW1 in France, fighting for Britain (having setteled in Canada in 1915). My g-grandfather (also Patrick Cahill) was also born in Galbertstown in 1872. He had a brother Phil. My grandmother married John McGuinness in NYC around 1921 and had three children. My grandfather passed in 1934. my grandmother passed in 1985, my father passed in 1999, my aunt passed in 1990 and my uncle passed in 2002. I hope this can clarify things for you (and me, as well. :~)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic