Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Theodore Pelletier

Descendants of Theodore Pelletier

John Kistenbroker (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pelkey, Peltier, Pelletier
I have a Theodore Pelkey, b.1845 in Clinton County, d. 1884, who had a son Edward, b. 11/23/1873 in Clinton County, d. 2/20/1955 in Jefferson County, who had a daughter Lillian. The closest trail backwards I've found is a Theodore Pelletier, son of Benoni Pelletier and Marie Victoire Violette, b. 1845 in Van Buren, Me. I've found many, many Pelkeys/Peltiers/Pelletiers but none that match up with my Theodore born in Clinton County. I'm thinking maybe the Clinton County is in error and maybe the one from Maine is the one I'm looking for. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Pelletier

Posted: 2 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Pelletier
I also looked up Belmont and found it a long way from Clinton County. Lillian knew where to look. I'm trying to get the census. I understand Sophie's parents were Edouard Goyette and Rosalie Gibeau. If this is not correct please let me know. I would appreciate having the parents of Medard and the spouses of Napoleon and Marcelline. Thanks for your help.

Pelletier

Edited: 29 Jun 2001 12:11PM GMT
Surnames: Pelletier, Goyette
You're right about Medard Pelletier and Sophie Goyette marriage and their two children Napoleon and Marcelline. If it becomes important, I have the parents of Medard and Sophie and the spouses of Napoleon and Marcelline.
New confusion. I don't believe there is a Belmont in Clinton County. The only Belmont NY I was abel to pull up was in Allegheny County. I would forget the Maine info and go with what Lillian Pelkey dug up in the 1875 Census. In fact I'd get the census from a genealogy library and find the record yourself. If you find a Theodore age 30, with a child Edward in the household, then you're probably on track. There's a good chance you'll find other important info on the census also.

Pelletier

Sorry about the confussion. The Theodore born in Clinton County (b. 1845) came from Lillian Pelkey who went to the census of 1875 for the city of Belmont, NY, and found her father, Edward, and her grandfather, Theodore. I don't have a copy of the census - only what she wrote. She has since passed away. I have Edward's death certificate stating his mother was Sophie Goyette, father, unknown Pelkey. I'm questioning the Theodore data because I have other data that Sophie Goyette was married to Medard Pelkey. The only place I've found a Theodore Pelkey is in an ancestral file in Maine (b. 1845) as I stated in my original post. This data doesn't indicate who Theodore was married to. The Medard data I have indicates he and Sophie had children Marcelline and Napoleon - no mention of Edward.

Other data I have from Lillian is that Edward was married to Emma Drinkwine. Her parents were Joseph Drinkwine and Mary Baribeau.

Anything you can supply to help me sort this out will be appreciated.

Pelletier

I have dozens of records of Pelletiers in Clinton County, but am confused a little by your posting. How did you determine the Pelkey born in Clinton County in 1845? And why do you think it might be an error? And how did you work back to Maine?

Pelletier

Posted: 3 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Thanks for the data.
I looked closer at the source reference to the Belmont, NY, census. It is stated as "New York State Census, 1875, for the town of Belmont, dated June 9, in Franklin County". As I was browsing the web page for Franklin County I found a reference to the town of Bellmont - that makes more sense than the Belmont in Allegany County. The Bellmont in Franklin County must be small - it doesn't show on my map. Anyway, I'm now attempting to get a lookup in the Bellmont census by a researcher I found on the NY rootsweb page for Clinton County.

Pelletier

Posted: 3 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Pelletier, Paquet
Medard (22)son of Pierre Pelletier and Angelique Paquet married Sophie Goyette (19), daughter of Eduard Goyette and Rosalie Gibeau on 9 May 1870. Medard and Sophie's children were Marcelline, born 2 Nov 1870, and Napoleon, born 10 Mar 1872. I seem to have mispoken about having the spouses of Marcelline and Napoleon. My records only go up to 1880 and they both were still small children at the time.

Pelletier

Posted: 4 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:08PM GMT
Surnames: Pelletier, Pelkey
Your Clinton Co post re Pelletier: I think you may find Bellmont in Franklin Co, NY is the place you are looking for.

Pelletier

Posted: 26 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
I've gotten the 1875 NY census - it indicates Theodore Peltier with wife Sophia and children Marcellia, Napoleon, and Edward. They are living with a Joseph Guyette (probably Sophia's brother) and his wife Elizabeth and daughter Nellie. This is the data I've been looking for. A question remains - your data says Medard Peltier was married to Sophia with children Marcellia and Napoleon. Where did you get your data indicating his name was Medard - the census indicates Theodore?

Pelletier

Posted: 27 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
I got the name Medard from "Marriages Clinton County 1830-1880" compiled by Benoit Pontbriand, vol 106, page 221, and again as the parent of Marcelline and Napoleon in Pontbriand's compilation of "Baptisms and Burials Coopersville, NY, St-Joseph-Du-Corbeau" vol 110, pages, 238 and 239. You should be able to get microfilm of the actual records at your nearest LDS library. Both the marriage and the baptisms took place at St. Joseph du Corbeau RC Church in Coopersville, so you may only need one microfilm of the church records.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions