Search for content in message boards

SHELLENBERGER, STRICKLER, DELLINGER

SHELLENBERGER, STRICKLER, DELLINGER

Trina Frasure (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on these three familys that interlinked with one another. The 3 familys mentioned resided in Spring Garden Township and most of them lived on Green Hills. I am willing to share and compare information.

Shellenbergers, Strickler .

Elaine Ziegler (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Shellenberger

I have a lot on Sellenbergers,
Ulrich was the progenitor in my line , he arrived in america in 1727 , he had 2 wives Barbara Strickler, 2nd. Maria Strickler.
Michael his G. grandson lived in Green Hill m. Lydia Strickler. Let me know if you want more detail .

Elaine

Dellinger Families of York Co.

Don Billet (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dellinger
I have large data base of descendants of the 1733 immigrant, Jacob Dellinger who settled in that part of Hellam Twp. that later became Lower Windsor Twp. (near Mt. Pisgah). Jacob came from Oberacker, Baden. After I check the data base I will get back in touch. Meanwhile please pass along what Dellinger data you hold. Thanks.
Don

Second Response re Dellinger

Don Billet (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dellinger, Shellenberger, Strickler, Forry
I have Amanda Dellinger b. c 1873 m. 14 Dec 1890 to William H. Shellenberger. She was dau of Emanuel Dellinger and Fanny Young Dellinger. Also, Annie Dellinger, sister, m. 8 Oct 1891 Jacob Shellenberger. Do we connect?
Joseph Strickler, son of John, m. Amanda Burg b. c 1864. Maggie Burg, sister, m.Franlin Strickler. Emma Strickler b. 27 Feb 1845, dau of Jacob, m. John D. Forry b. 24 Mar 1838.

FAMILY HISTORY

MABEL FORRY NEFF (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: FORRY, YOUNG, STRICKLER, ABEL, CAMPBELL
LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON NAMES LISTED ABOUT

Forry and Abel Families

Don Billet (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: FORRY, Abel
I have a small number of Forry and Abel families in my data base. Kindly provide the names or time periods you are interested in and I'll share what I have.

Forry

Muriel Stoner (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Forry
Anna Maria Forry b.1734 d. 1807 m. Christian Stoner b1733 d. 1786 Lived Hellam, York Co. Pa..

Anna Maria Forry

Don Billet (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: FORRY, STONER, BILLET
Anna Maria and spouse, Christian Stoner are buried at the Stoner Cemetery, Hellam Twp., York Co. Also buried there is Mary Magdalena Billet, wife of John. It is on the former Henry Stoner farm on the north side of Route 462 between Burgs Lane and Keeney Lane. It is between farm fields, about 700 feet north of the highway. It is not maintained, but is walled.

Forry

Muriel Stoner (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Forry
I thought that your name was familiar so I looked at my Forry folder. We corresponded in Sept 1996 when you were living in GA about the Bahns and the Kraemers so our paths cross once again. I didn't connect the Billets being buried in the Stoner Cemetery the last time but since you mentioned it this time, I looked at the list of burials and THERE they are! Now what connection did they have with the Stoners?. I, too, have been to the cemetery twice so know that it is small and I always figured that the other names had to be relatives or some connection to Stoners. I'd love to know who Henrich Forry was. Murst have been some relative of Anna Maria Forry Stoner. When I was there, I got in touch with the owner of the Stoner house who is/was a Stoner living in Wrightville. He has the cemetery cleaned and groomed twice a year. I was there once when it was overgrown and once after it had been cleaned up. Quite a difference Do you know that the original or first Stoner House is across the street? Nice to hear from you again. Have you made any break throughs since 1996?. I did find some more info on some of rhe Stoner, etc. wives.

Muriel Stoner

Stoner Cemetery

Don Billet (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BILLET
Thanks for the report on the cemetery. I was last there in 1997 and it was very overgrown then. I have harbored a desire if I get back to York to try and arrange for its upkeep. I gather it was cleared since then. By any chance are there headstones on the graves of the two Billet's buried there? If you happen to have some photos I'd love a few. I will pay the copying cost. Do you happen to have a scanner and the opportunity to scan some photos and send via e-mail?
I have not researched the Stoner family but have some interest because of its early presence in Hellam Twp. along with my Billet, Daron, Bahn, Kann, Schultz and Kunkle ancestors.
My biggest breakthrough has been to trace my 1733 immigrant, Jacob Dellinger, back to Oberacker, Baden.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions