Search for content in message boards

Walker Choctaw Indian tale

Walker Choctaw Indian tale

Posted: 15 Oct 2000 11:47AM GMT
Edited: 20 Oct 2001 12:13AM GMT
In our family it has been handed down that there was a Choctaw Indian Princess with red hair and two colored eyes who married a white man with the last name Walker. One of their children was named W H Walker. He was born in kansas in the mid 1800's. We believe the W stands for William. Does anyone have this story in their family?

Thanks, Nancy

Caw, Mustine Cherokee

debra jean walker michael (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2000 1:26PM GMT
Sorry, can't spell. I have also been looking for information pertaining to our native American Kin. Which hasn't been to easy seeing that I have just started; using the few scraps of paper which has been given to me. If I ever manage to get every thing unpacked; I might be able to find the information (little) that is still in box's. Moving is almost to much fun. Debra Jean walker Michael.

INDIAN WALKERS

PAT SMITH (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2000 7:49PM GMT
HI,TANDY WALKER WAS CHOCTAW?(may be part of this large family- see dawes rolls) been a long time since i looked at those records-really need a dave walker-( CREEK-SEMINOLE) on creek dawes rolls-born abt 1882- ind terr( WE THINK) married a cynth summer-
(Georgia) DAU MARY LOU WALKER BORN 1882 GEORGIA,inquire to turtle dove porter-268 Chalet Hill-Sylva, N.c. 28779

essie mae walker (tauntan)

lee george (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2001 3:33AM GMT
do you know some one that can tell me of essie mae walker (TAUNTAN)they say she was married to henry will tauntan all i can find on her is that she was in elmore ala. about 1900or 1908 if you know of some one that knows i would love to know lee george

Indian Walkers

Posted: 12 Feb 2001 9:28AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2001 9:58PM GMT
Hi, pat?
I have a Dave Walker born April 14, 1882. His father was Daniel Walker. He had siblings of Willis, Mollie Smith Mary and nancy. Could they be related?

Re: Walker Choctaw Indian tale

Posted: 10 Apr 2004 3:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
I don't know if there is any connections but this is what i have and am looking for in the Walker name:

My great grandfather was named Arther middle name possible Andrew Walker. He is supposed to be 1/2 Cherokee Indian (maybe 1/4 not sure). His mother was a Cherokee indian and was possibly married to a French man or a man named Walker from Nebraska. At some point his mother and father parted (not sure of the circumstances) and his mother and six brothers and sisters traveled to Ft. Scott, Kansas where he and his brothers and sisters were put in Goodlander Orphanage. He remained there until he was between 16-18 and then left to work for people in Uniontown, Kansas by the name of White. The records of the orphanage were possibly lost in a fire not sure. His birth date was 1893, he married Jessie/Jesse McHenry, and died 1978.

Re: Indian Walkers

Posted: 10 Apr 2004 3:48AM GMT
I am posting hoping there might be a connection:

My great grandfather was named Arther middle name possible Andrew Walker. He is supposed to be 1/2 Cherokee Indian (maybe 1/4 not sure). His mother was a Cherokee indian and was possibly married to a French man or a man named Walker from Nebraska. At some point his mother and father parted (not sure of the circumstances) and his mother and six brothers and sisters traveled to Ft. Scott, Kansas where he and his brothers and sisters were put in Goodlander Orphanage. He remained there until he was between 16-18 and then left to work for people in Uniontown, Kansas by the name of White. The records of the orphanage were possibly lost in a fire not sure. His birth date was 1893, he married Jessie/Jesse McHenry, and died 1978.

Arlene Walker (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2004 3:04PM GMT
Hi Lisa,
My WALKERS were Cherokee Freedmen. Sorry nothing about and orphanage. Don't think we're connected. Good Luck, though.

Posted: 11 Apr 2004 12:58PM GMT
thank you for posting.

Re: Walker Choctaw Indian tale

Posted: 7 May 2009 1:12PM GMT
Wow, this is an old post. I don't know if you will get this. My Mother told me a similar story about an Choctaw Indian princess named Clorisa. She was the daughter of Chief nicknamed the sugar king, a very wealthy plantation owner who grew and shipped sugar around the world. I don't know his name. He died of cholora (don't know how to spell) on the trail of tears. I found this post while searching for his name. My great grandmother was a Walker, I will have to ask my mother to find out her and her husbands name.

hope this helps, Larry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions