Search for content in message boards

Farmer family, Nova Scotia

Farmer family, Nova Scotia

Tom Farmer (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2000 4:48PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2004 4:16AM GMT
Surnames: Farmer, Timmins
Am looking for info on Farmers in Nova Scotia or Newfoundland .I am a descendant of George Farmer. He was born in England but emigrated to N.S.He had 6 sons James,Gordon,Harry,Walter,George,Grover,. Grover and James emigr. to U.S. James returnedlater and died in N.S. George's wife was Betsy Timmins. Anybody have any info?

Farmer in Glace Bay

Nancy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2001 2:59PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2004 4:17AM GMT
Surnames: Farmer
There are Farmers in Glace Bay and Sydney. The fathers name is George. If of any help e-mail me.

Farmer

tom farmer (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2001 5:30PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2004 4:18AM GMT
Nancy :Thank you for your reply. I had almost forgotten about it.My great grandfather was George Farmer b.1850-1860?He emigrated from England and lived in N.S.He had 6 sons,some that came to U.S.I have their names and more detail if you think there is a connection. thanks Tom

Farmer in Nova Scotia

Nancy P (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2001 3:44PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2004 4:18AM GMT
Tom, I was wondering , what racial background are they from? The Farmers that I know are of african-canandian descent.

Re: Farmer in Nova Scotia

Posted: 12 Jul 2001 7:24PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2004 4:19AM GMT
I am looking for any information regarding the Farmer Family that lived in Nova Scotia. Do you have any information regarding these families??

I am married to a man who was born in Nova Scotia and is African Canadian

Re: Farmer in Glace Bay

NancyP (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2001 8:40PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2004 4:19AM GMT
Claire, I know a family from Glace Bay, Cape Breton, NS.
their father's name is George Farmer. He has many children.
Some still live in Glace Bay, and some live in Whitney Pier.
I also know that his wife died many years ago. If this is of any help to you let me know.

Posted: 12 Jul 2001 10:01PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2004 4:20AM GMT

I don't know if it is of help but there aren't that many Farmer families in Nova Scotia , somehow it must be related to this Farmer family. Do you have any information on this family, if you do would you mind sharing it with me.

Generation No. 1

1. JOHN FRANCIS FARMER was born in Birchtown, Nova Scotia, and died 1980 in Avonport, Nova Scotia. He married MARY ELIZABETH FARMOR ( not too sure about the spelling of the last name) Abt. 1915. born in Birchtown, Nova Scotia, and died1986 in Avonport, Nova Scotia.

Children of JOHN FARMER and MARY FARMOR are:
i. DAVID LAWRENCE FARMER,
ii. MARJORIE ELIZABETH FARMER, b.
iii. WINNIFRED MAY FARMER,
iv. KATHLEEN GRACE FARMER
v. EVELYN FARMER
vi. FRANCES IRENE FARMER
vii. DEAN STEPHAN FARMER
viii. DORIS MARIE FARMER

The line my husband comes from is David Lawrence Farmer, however David died back in 1995 before i could get the infor from him. He was an alcholilc and a hard man to deal with ever since his wife left him shortly after the birth and death of theri daughter. Julia, his wife, left without taking the boys with her so they grew up in that inviroment of violence and parties loads of it. Julia later met a another man in Saskatchwan and had more children, one boy and one girl but died in 1981 before the year of our youngest daughter's birth. At least this is what i have been told by her father and his brothers.

Claire

robert farmer (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2002 10:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jan 2004 4:20AM GMT
Dear Claire
Do you know where in England the farmers came from? Was it Kidderminster?
Regards Rob Farmer

tom farmer (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2002 9:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jan 2004 4:21AM GMT
bob Iposted the original query way back when. yes alot of the farmers, at least my ancestors came from Kidderminster I have names and dates back 7 generations .Maybe we can find one in common Tom

Posted: 30 May 2002 10:14PM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2004 4:31AM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions