Search for content in message boards

Andrew Frank James, Jr., former mayor of Gooding

Andrew Frank James, Jr., former mayor of Gooding

Posted: 11 May 2010 6:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: James, Stewart/Stuart, Harris
I am looking for info about Andrew F. James, Jr., one-time mayor of Gooding, ID, and his family.

He married Murva Edwina Stewart/Stuart. They had three children. I know the name of only one of them: Vera Nell James. She may have been born ca 1920.

Andrew F. James, Jr. was a lawyer. His parents were Andrew Frank James and Mary Alice Harris, of VA. His siblings were Katherine "Kate", T. Marvin, and Nick James.

Re: Andrew Frank James, Jr., former mayor of Gooding

Posted: 24 May 2010 11:33PM GMT
Surnames: James
Hi,
I found the James & Wolfe Family Tree on Ancestry which has a lot of your James's family on it. I've asked the owner to contact you. However you can view the tree if you sign up for the 14-day free trial. Just be sure to cancel by day 13.

An Andrew F. James in 1910 was living in Denver Ward 9, Township 120, Denver Co., CO.
Andrew F. James, boarder, b. IA, 26, single, teacher G.M.C.A.

In 1920 Andrew and his family was living in Gooding, Gooding Co., ID.
Andrew F. James, b. IA, 36, lawyer general practice.
Murva E., wife, b. SD, 34.
Franes M., dau, b. ID 4 6/12ths.
Andrew F., III, son, b. ID, 3.
Andrew F. James, Sr., father, b. WV, 70, widow.

In 1930 Andrew and family were living in Gooding.
Andrew F. James, b. IA, 46, marr @ 30, lawyer general practice.
Murva E., wife, b. SD, 45, marr @ 29.
F. Murva, dau, b. ID, 14.
Andrew F., son, b. ID, 13.
Vera Nell, dau, b. ID, 9.

I'd contact the Gooding County Historical Society, goodingcountyhistoricalsociety.shutterfly.com/ and ask them to look up the death date for Andrew F. James Sr. Also when Frances Murva and Vera married (assuming they were married in Gooding Co.).

A Murva James b. 26 Jan 1885, Last Residence=Gooding, Gooding Co., ID died Nov. 1973. Her soc. sec. # was assigned in Idaho in 1956. Source: Social Security Death Index.

You can request a copy of her obituary from Random Acts Genealogical Kindness. Go to raogk.org, read guidelines, choose Idaho, choose Gooding Co.

OR maybe the Historical Society does that also.

I checked for everyone in the Western States Marriage and Death records but they weren't there. Successful Searching!

Posted: 24 May 2010 11:42PM GMT
One more piece of info -
An Andrew James b. 15 Oct 1916 died March 1981. His soc. sec. # was assigned to him in Idaho before 1951. Source: Social Security Death INdex, Ancestry.

I'd look for his obituary in Gooding too. J

Posted: 31 Jan 2011 9:54PM GMT
The rodeo arena at the Gooding County Fairgrounds are named after Andy James. To see a photo of the arena, go to http://www.goodingprorodeo.com/htdocs/newsletter.htm

Posted: 18 May 2011 2:37PM GMT
The Gooding County Museum and Reserch center would be happy to do research for you on the Andrew James family. Please contact me at scheney@magiclink.com for our fees. I am the co-director and genealogy researcher.

Posted: 7 Sep 2013 4:48PM GMT
I'm best friends with his great granddaughters. I could get you in touch with their family. My email is kcockerham@zagmail.gonzaga.edu
per page

Find a board about a specific topic