Search for content in message boards

Obit Lookup Please: Nellie Fletcher Hopper

Obit Lookup Please: Nellie Fletcher Hopper

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 10:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Nellie died 11 October 1934 in Cambridge. Have her death certificate ordered. She may have been just visiting. She was buried in Portland, Oregon. Any information appreciated!

Re: Obit Lookup Please: Nellie Fletcher Hopper

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 12:32PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: FLETCHER, HOPPER
Name: Hopper, Nellie Fletcher
Year: 1934
Certificate Number: 121194
County of Death: Washington
City: Cambridge
Date of Death: 11 Oct 1934
Date of Birth: 6 Apr 1879

Name: Nellie Fletcher
Marriage Date: 15 May 1918
County: Multnomah
Level Info: Index of Oregon Marriages (Bride & Groom) For the Period 1906 through 1920
Oregon Marriage Index Groom and Bride Combined 1916 to 1920

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 2:22PM GMT
Thank you! I had found this information--have ordered a death certificate. This is a notice of her second marriage. I have a divorce listing for this marriage but none for Hopper. Trying to figure out what she was doing in Idaho. She was buried in Portland where she had lived most of her life.

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 3:24AM GMT
There were and are lots of Hoppers in Washington County, ID. My father grew up there and had lots of Hopper friends. I even went to college, 1957-64, with several Hoppers from the area.

I expect she was visiting. Not really that old when she died.

Paul

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 4:45AM GMT
I think her husband was Jacob E Hopper--found him listed as single in Washington County in 1940. She died in Idaho 1934, but the Idaho Archives could not find a death certificate for her. Sometimes I've found that death certificates were transferred with the body when it was sent to another state--she is interred in Portland, Oregon--but it isn't in the Oregon Archives records either. There was a brief obit in the Portland paper, but no mention of where she died. Jacob's parents (father was Moses) were in Portland, OR in 1930 before they were married. Think I will just put this one to bed unless someone has more information on Jacob E. Hopper of Cambridge! Thanks for the reply.

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 5:04PM GMT
Surnames: Reed Hopper
In wanting to connect with other family members, I an compelled to ask, are you related to this family?

I am Moses H Hopper's gr-great grand-daughter through his daughter Emma

Kellie Reed Kramer

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 5:26PM GMT
I'm not related to the Hoppers. Nellie Anderson Fletcher Fletcher Hopper is my 1st cousin 2x removed--she and my grandfather were cousins. Nellie's parents were Melissa Vannoy and Elijah Anderson. Melissa is my great grandmother's sister. Nellie's life was rather interesting--and I actually found living Fletcher relatives but no information yet received. She was widowed by husband #1, she divorced #2 (brother of #1) and Hopper was #3. I'm assuming it was Jacob E. Hopper--her Portland obit says J.E.--but I know he had a brother James--who was listed in Portland in a census. Do you have any record of which Hopper she married?

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 4:28PM GMT
H Linda,

It was Jacob Elzie, that she was married to, James' middle name was McClinnon.

Kellie

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 5:11PM GMT
Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions