Search for content in message boards

Looking for Thomas Ronan/Ronayne

Looking for Thomas Ronan/Ronayne

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 3:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ronan Ronayne
Looking for a record of any type that shows Thomas Ronan/Ronayne likely working in either a lumber mill or the Waterford, Ireland and came to NY in 1854. He mad his way up to London, Ontario, Cnanda for about 2 years then went to Door County Wisconsin. ANY info would be helpful.

Re: Looking for Thomas Ronan/Ronayne

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 1:46PM GMT
there are two with that name in the 1871 census, 6 in 1891, 2 in 1901
6 burials in the OCFA

Is this possibly him?
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&d....

Merv - not related

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: Ronan Ronayne
Yes, this is him. This is my great great grandfather. I am aware of this information from Wisconsin on..
I am trying to tie him to Canada and then Ny and then back to Ireland. I am hoping to come across something showing him in Canada the dates would be abt 1855-1857 then again 1863-1866. First in London, England and then in or around Tillsonburg.

Thank you for posting. Let me know if you know of anything.Merry Christmas

Posted: 10 Jan 2014 11:36AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jan 2014 2:11PM GMT
Surnames: Ronan
When was your Thomas born? Where in NY did he live and how long? My GG Grandfather Patrick Ronan b. abt 1835, Ireland arrived in NYC no later than 1854 (pretty sure it was 1849). His Parents were a Thomas and Elizabeth. Upon finding a naturalization petition I have him on E. 11th St, in 1856 there are also a Thomas and a John living doors down from one another. My mystery now is I came across an Emigrants Bank Record for and Elizabeth Ronan born abt 1800 in Dunmanway, Cork. She is making a deposit for her son Patrick whom was born in what turned out to be Ontario. I want to say Prescott ( I am in AZ maybe that's why the name stuck). Anyhow, I think this could really be my GGG Grandmother, and here I am venturing into Canadian Genealogy.

Danielle

Posted: 10 Jan 2014 10:43PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2014 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: Ronan
My Thomas was born in 10 Nov 1836 in Leperstown, Waterford, Ireland. He lived in NY near Yonkers for a short time. Not sure how long- he went to London, Ontario, Canada near Ingersoll and Durham to live for a couple of years prior to coming to Davis County, Wisconsin then to Door county Wisconsin.
My Ronans are from Waterford. It was reported that no other family members migrated to the US. Just the uncle and my Thomas. I don't think it is the same Ronan family. The canadian research was mostly done offsite from ancestry, but just using google etc and the libraries etc.. I was able to connect the uncle in canada to the nephew (Thomas) by searching this way. Good luck to you.
Jeanine

Posted: 11 Jan 2014 3:28AM GMT
Surnames: Ronan, Ronayne, Roane, Ronin,McGinn, McGlynn
What was the Uncle's name for reference ? I believe that my GGG Grandfather was born on in April 1795 Waterford- Tipperary boarder to a James and Margaret McGinn or McGlynn and made his way into Central Cork by the 1810's. Leperstown is a good distance from that area, have you tied your line to any from the area of D'Loughtane or in Cork? Thanks for getting back to me, I really appreciate it!

Danielle

Posted: 11 Jan 2014 4:06AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2014 1:35PM GMT
Surnames: Ronayne, Ronan
James Ronayne B abt 1811 in Leperstown. Youngest of either 9 or 11 children.came to Canada about 1844 with 2 children John and Mary. His wife was deceased unsure of her name. I think it may have been mary. He remarried a Bridget and they had more children.
I do not think my line is related to the D'Loughtane Ronan/Ronayne's. I have not seen any ties to Cork either at least not yet. Have just recently broken through the brick wall of knowing the township.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions