Search for content in message boards

Dunseith-Dunseath-Dunsheath

Dunseith-Dunseath-Dunsheath

Posted: 5 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Apr 2003 9:24PM GMT
Surnames: DUNSEITH, DUNSEATH, DUNSHEAT

I search for information on Sarah Dunseath/Dunseith who married James Brownlee(s). They lived in the Ballymena-Broughshane-Buckna area of County Antrim, Northern Ireland. We only have sketchy information on Sarah and the Dunseath family, as follows:

-- Sarah and James probably married prior to 1838 (first known child born 1839)
-- Sarah's sister named Roseann had two illegitimate children, one by a Christopher Montgomery, the other by a Brownlee(s).
-- Family attended the Buckna Presbyterian Church east of Ballymena and Broughshane
-- In 1850 her father, his wife and 2 children were living with James and Sarah at Kilnacopagh
-- In 1850, and Alex Dunsheath, his wife and 7 children lived at Taminybrack but by 1852 the 9 of them were living at Ballinacaird; in 1853 they were living at Rocavan. In 1857 they were in the minister's house at Lougmore "for convenience." Dec 29-3, 1857 the minister of the Buckna church visited Alex Dunseath & wife – family in “Big John’s” ?? house
-- Sarah's Dunseath father (name unknown) had only one arm later in life (by March, 1852 but not listed as "one-armed" in 1850)
-- May 1857 James Dunseath Nancy Dunseath were communicants at the Buckna Presybterian Church
-- Dec. 1866 a James (?) Robinson of Kilnacopagh whose wife was a Dunseith was listed in Buckna church records.

The ties to James, Nancy and Alex are uncertain but we assume a connection somewhere, we just haven't found it yet. I also have notes on George and Nancy D. who are buried at Clough, David who attended the Buckna church, James and wife (Buckna church).

If anyone is interested, I have lovely photos of Sarah (Dunseath) and James Brownlee.

I'd very much appreciate hearing from someone - anyone - with information on this family. It's one of several N Irish brick walls!

Thank you. Merrily Tunnicliff in Iowa

Re: Dunseith-Dunseath-Dunsheath

Posted: 24 Oct 2005 5:12PM GMT
Dont know if I can help answer your 5 year old message but my Mother's family were Dunseith from NI. Father George mother Alice (nee Spence) Let me know if I can help? Vic

Merrily (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2005 5:15PM GMT
Surnames: Dunseith/Dunseath
Terrific. I need lots of help. Please contact me off line at jbparts@heartland.net or lilliemay@mchsi.com. thanks!
Merrily

Posted: 3 Mar 2013 4:58AM GMT
James Brownlee and Sarah Dunseath were my Great,great grandparents.. Their daughter Sarah married my great grandfather Daniel Shaw in N.I.
Id like to get your Pic of them if I could
Thanks
Bill Shaw

Posted: 3 Mar 2013 11:25PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2013 11:35PM GMT

Record Type Civil Marriage
Date of Marriage 27 Sep 1870
Groom Name daniel SHAW
Bride Name sarah BROWNLEE
Church Glenarm Presbyterian Church
Parish Tickmacrevan
Civil District Larne
County Antrim

fathers. daniel shaw & james brownlee.

Record Type Civil Birth
Date of Birth 3 Feb 1874
Name James SHAW
Gender M
Fathers Name Daniel SHAW
Mothers Forenames Sarah
Mothers Maiden Name BROWNLEE
Civil District Ballymena
Sub District Glenwhirry
County Antrim

Posted: 3 Mar 2013 11:35PM GMT
We are trying to go further back on the Shaw side of the family .. Can you steer us in the right direction?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic