Search for content in message boards

Bass Lane

Posted: 1 May 2012 11:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Has anyone any information about Bass Lane near or in Waterproof? I think it may be connected to Myrtle Grove Plantation which was also called "The old Bass place". Two of the men on the 1890 Veterans Schedule were listed as living on Bass Lane.

Re: Bass Lane

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 5:34PM GMT
I do know that A.E. Bass owned the Myrtle Grove Plantation and he was married to Anna Farrar. There is a collection of personal items, letters, pictures, etc that are archived at LSU. You will also find records that were kept by the Myrtle Grove Plantation in that collection.
My family is from Waterproof and I still have family living there. I will ask your question and have them explain it.
I've been there before and I think that Bass Lane is part of Myrtle Grove

Re: Bass Lane

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 1:15AM GMT
Stacy,

Thank you for the information. I have viewed some of the Bass Family data at LSU online and requested slave sale records but they were from a different plantation owned by Mrs. Bass.

I've been trying to help a friend fine his slave ancestor. I believe he was George Washington and his wife was Eliza. I have searched the Tensas database and Ancestry.com without any definite information. I think George was the brother of Moses Washington and that they served in the Civil War, but again cannot find anything definite.

My friend's grandfather, Miles, (son of George) lived in Waterproof from at least 1900.He owned a plantation, Donegal.

I cannot go any further with this and it is so frustrating.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions