Search for content in message boards

Searching for Veith family of Eastern Bohemia

Searching for Veith family of Eastern Bohemia

Stuart P. Veith (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: VEITH, VEIT, FEITH, FEIT, FIGHT, FITE, VAIT, VAITH
I am searching for any Veith, Veit, Vait, or Vaith family from Bohemia. Some Veit/h families changed there last names to similar sounding English-spellings such as Fight, Fite, Feit, or Feith after immigrating to the United States. There were at least three Veith immigrant families from the tiny villiage of Knappendorf which is between Wildenschwert(Usti nad Orlici) and Landskroun(Landskron). There were more Veith families in this area, some who probably immigrated and I would be interested to hear from anyone who thinks that their Veith ancestors may of come from Bohemia. Bohemian cities where Veiths came from MAY be Hertersdorf (Horní Housovec), Jokelsdorf (Jakubovice), Knappendorf (Knapovec), Michelsdorf (Ostrov), Rathsdorf (Skuhrov), Dittersbach (Horní Dubrouc), Riebnig (Rybník), Rudelsdorf (Rudoltice, and Landskron (Landskroun).

Re: Searching for Veith family of Eastern Bohemia

Posted: 27 Jun 2001 9:12AM GMT
Surnames: Veith-Kment
My grandmother was Filomena Veith and married my grandfather, Johann Kment in or around to villages of Oberlipka and Rothwasser (now Cervena Voda and Horni Lipka). This is in the general vicinity of where you think your family is from. Filomena Veith Kment was 45 years old when she immigrated to Murray City, Ohio in 1907. However, it seems her, her husband, and 4 children spent about 15 years prior to 1907 in Szarvashaza, Hungarian Emipire (what is now Dzhenievo, Ukraine). You can contact me directly at jkment@guamcell.net if you care to discuss the Veith family in more detail.

Posted: 13 Feb 2002 6:21AM GMT
Surnames: VEITH, REISCHEL
My husband's great aunt, Sylvia Reischel, married a man named Veith. Her family lived in Wisconsin, but that's all I know. Anything here?

Posted: 15 Feb 2002 5:56PM GMT
Edited: 26 Mar 2002 6:26PM GMT
Stuart,
My family is from Seibersdorf and Knappendorf and I have ran across your Veith/Vaith name in my research so if you contact me I will give you what I have.
Wendy Freidel

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 4:49AM GMT
My name is James Vait. My great-grandfather came from Bohemia. (Austria-Bohemia according to the 1910 census) His name was Franz, but later was known as Frank. I'm trying to find out as much as I can from him. He married a woman named Anna Tregner who is also Bohemian.

My grandfather, Frank Vait married a woman who is also Bohemian, Mary Hartl. My grandmother had a twin sister who remained in the old country.

I'd love to hear from you

Jim Vait
P.O. Box 1205
Bethel, Alaska 99559

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 4:54AM GMT
My great-grandfather, Frank (Franz) Vait settled in Minnesota. He bought land in Renville County in 1881.

I'm interested in any information you can share.

April Rein (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2004 11:39PM GMT
Did she have a sister named Grace?

Julie Barnard (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2004 12:40AM GMT
Surnames: Veith, Reischel
Unfortunately, I have no idea who her sisters were.

April Rein (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2004 8:47PM GMT
ok thank you

Re: Searching for Veith/Feith family of Eastern Bohemia/Hungary

Posted: 15 Feb 2007 6:37PM GMT
Surnames: VEITH, VEIT, FEITH, FEIT, FIGHT, FITE, VAIT, VAITH
I can trace my family tree to Feith in Hungary back to around 1880's, south of Budapest area (Belecska, Szentgal) They came to Wisconsin, USA around 1910 (some in Schofield, WI...others near Milwaukee). Names would have been Janos Feith or Gyorgy Feith.

I'm glad to hear from any Feith with similar fam tree.
cheers,
John Feith
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions