Search for content in message boards

Need help understanding 1906 Census

Need help understanding 1906 Census

Posted: 9 Sep 2012 11:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
The person in question is listed as Nielsen, Marie; U; f. 9/2 1868; Kjopinge (St. Köpinge, Sweden). She appears as the 4th person entered on that page (see 1st attachment)and number 1 in the 2nd group. It appears that she is listed as unmarried (col. 6) but as Husm(Husmoder) in (col. 11). I thought Husmoder meant "wife"/"housewife" meaning a married women or does it have an additional meaning? Also please explain the information found in columns 12 and 13.

I have also attached the previous page to the above entry in case it might be relevant.

Susanne
Attachments:

Re: Need help understanding 1906 Census

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 5:53PM GMT
Hi Susanne,

The 1906 census says that she is unmarried. I can't make out the rest because I don't know Danish. However, here she is registered with the København police http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sf...

Click on Vis Modsat Side to see the reverse side of her registration.

Sincerely,
Paul

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 5:45PM GMT
Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for replying to my query! The link that you gave to the police register is where I found the information that allowed me to find Maria on the 1906 census. I used the street address given on the police register to find her on the census. The Police Register is a great tool to assist us in finding people in Copenhagen. I hope others will follow the link that you so kindly provided!

Sincerely,
Susanne

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 6:01PM GMT
Edited: 13 Sep 2012 6:03PM GMT
Hi

12: Hairdresser,Boarding House/Pension
13: Øster Farimagsgade 20,3

-
Flemming Aasklint

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 12:04AM GMT
Flemming!

Thank you so much!! Wonderful information!! I very much appreciate you taking the time to help!

Susanne Brown
per page

Find a board about a specific topic