Search for content in message boards

I am a RIETTIE

I am a RIETTIE

Posted: 30 Nov 2009 2:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
My name is Ronaldo Riettie, I have six brothers with the same last name and one sister. We have been searching for a long time for family members and the origin of our family. My father's name was Hubert Franklin Riettie and his grandfathers name was Edward Charles Riettie and one of my brothers is named after him. If anyone knows about this family tree please contact me charla007@gmail.com. Thank you so much.
Ronaldo

Re: I am a RIETTIE

Posted: 2 Dec 2009 5:23AM GMT
I was able to find some information on other Riettie's for you. Hope it helps to get you started on your search:

Marriage: Riettie, Justine, b 6/13/1816, dtr of Marianne Pecke DaCosta free mestee by Abraham Riettie, bap 5/2/1817 in Kingston by Isaac Mann, Anglican rector. B0061, II, p. 313

Baptism: Riettie, Edna May, 1919. F= Edward Riettie. X, p. 29 #200

1878 St. Ann Parish Directory: Riettie Eliza, dry goods and provisions

Riettie Lavinia, dry goods and provisions

Posted: 2 Dec 2009 5:31AM GMT
Try searching the Jamaica Gleaner Archives if you have access. I was able to find an E. C. RIETTIE & CO. Manufacturing Jewellers that was mentioned in the March 7th, 1907 paper. If I come across anything else I will forward it to you.

Posted: 23 Mar 2010 1:32AM GMT
Edward Charles Riettie was a jeweller with stores in Kingston and Port Antonio in 1900-1926. He was my grandfather. He also owned a banana plantation called Providence located in Port Antonio.

Posted: 11 May 2010 1:13AM GMT
my grandmothers' mother last name was riettie she was from italy my grandmother was born in the bahamas her name was betty she was born a twin.... ive been searching for alot of backround info but if u have any clue on what im getting at here just reply as soon as possible
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions