Search for content in message boards

CHerokee Chief's?

CHerokee Chief's?

renee Perkins (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2003 1:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
well I am trying to figure out who all of the family of my GGGG grandfather is . not getting very far really .
the name Bryant is a name I believe my grandmother said. but I was young and don't know if, or to to whom or what the connection would be .
the only Chief on this board I see listed is Cheif Joseph Bryant and that isn't my grandfather.
so does anyone else have family stories of being related to Great Cherokee Chief's ?? maybe I can help if you do.
renee

: CHerokee Chief's?

Posted: 18 Mar 2004 10:21PM GMT
Hi I just found out that the Bryant name was Cherokee. Do you know where the records would be kept on who actually arrived in Indian Territory in 1838. I am related to Gilbert Bryant..Walter Bryant.
Nancy

Re: : CHerokee Chief's?

renee Perkins (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2004 5:16AM GMT
HI Nancy

well I don't know the individuals in the line yet . so I won't be any help to you there .
but I would only like to say that MY great grandma said " Bryant" was a surnames that related to either attacullaculla or his adopted father his wife's father and or moytoy general family . my great grandma she wasn't a Bryant , but these cherokee men mentioned were in her line and thus my line . I am from Atttacullculla's son Shoeboots AKA Turtle at home. and I only wanted to tell the " Bryant" folks that some of them just may be related to either attacullculla or to Ocanstota or to Moytoys general family unit somehow.

qua gay l (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2004 7:51PM GMT
I find this very interesting, as my mother is a direct descendant of some of these Bryants. I cannot find enough information online to get me that kick to the next level. Would either of you care to share with me the information you have on any of the Bryants?
I would most certainly appreciate yur help.
Qua ge (l)
Ani Gilogi

brenda_bratton2003 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2004 3:18PM GMT
i dont know if there is any connection my ggrandmother was a bryant.her daughter married a joe s decker my grandmothers name is amanda. iwas wondering if that was the indiab in my family

Renee perkins (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2004 6:18PM GMT
HUm interesting brenda

well My guess is that it is a decker . decker is a name Nanna said but I haven't looked into it because i didn't know where or to which family member or to which side of her family it connected too .
so I don't know how it might be connected to us . so all I can say is decker is a name she said . and I will assume she said it because it is related to her. so take that as you wish. hopefull it helps with something!

Posted: 27 Aug 2004 10:05PM GMT
Surnames: BRYANT / BURLINGAME
I am looking for a relationship to the Cherokee Indian Line through my ggrandmother Laura Jane BRYANT. I have been unable to find her parents. Laura's birth date 27 Mar 1856, death 03 Jan 1906 in Ripley, Payne, OKLA. She married Henry Calvin BURLINGAME 24 Dec 1852 in Bluffville, Carroll, Illinois.

If you have any information listing a Laura Jane BRYANT, Please contact me. cgfletcher@webound.com

Renee Perkins (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2004 7:14AM GMT
hi bryants
I haven't been wanting to do this but feel I must .
well I wanted to say that right after I wrote this the first time way back I found proof of what my g grandma had told me . well at least on this issue and it helps towards a even bigger issue as to what was really going on way back then.
but the 6 nations have recorded their version of the names of their people that went to England . Well they were ALL right !!!!!!!!!! a gal wrote a book about the 6 nations records and I found refferences that have the two bryant brothers and two names that are unrecognizable to me . but the 5 th or 6 th one is MY grandpa attacullculla he is the Etowah Chu causene, causene it is spelled a little different but close enough to this to be obviuosly the same name . ( Etowah is hightower where his home was ) anyway I suggest that all cherokee and Mohawk Bryants get your grandpa and uncles pictures from the Winterthur Museum . you can find out about it on the net . I just couldn't go any longer and not let you know that it was there, I know how much I enjoy seeing my grandpa and uncles faces and oh the all to familiar little ankles and big cheek bones and way too familiar HUGE back and shoulders. but yes miracles happen and your grandpa's faces from the 1700's are on a canvas , and they were painted in england.
I just read were it said those men weren't important cherokee and were not important men, that nothing was ever said about them after that, " they never amounted to anything". well that is all hot air ! . and all I can say about that is someone doesn't have a clue who anyone was back then. because nothing could be farther from the truth.
I hope you enjoy incredable awesome the faces from your pasts. renee
attacullculla isn't your blood relations so you probably won't look like him. . I am related to the other men except tomachichi through attacullculla's wife a daughter of ocanstota and these men were cousins and a brother of Ocanstota the really tall one was probably his brother . .

Re: CHerokee Chief's?

Posted: 27 Dec 2004 5:47PM GMT
Surnames: bryant
email me... actionbailbonds@cox.net

my gg grandfather was william h bryant, chief of cherokee tribe in NC. i can give you more info if this is the same person you are seeking

brenda

Posted: 1 Jan 2005 4:50AM GMT
Surnames: Bryant,Whidden,Lyles,Keene,Carter,Worth,etc.
The Bryant name is NOT Cherokee, it is Irish. There are some Cherokees named Bryant,but the Cherokee people( of which I count myself lucky to be of) were and are a friendly bunch. They adopted many different people into their midst and intermarried a lot too. Ok?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic