Search for content in message boards

obits

obits

Kristie Fliehr (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: HEINOJA, HEINO, FREMLING, LEE, SANTAPAKKA
Looking for any info including obits for anyone with the above names from the Pine River, Pequot Lakes, Brainerd areas.

Fremling

Posted: 8 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 25 May 2003 4:23AM GMT
Surnames: Fremling, Bloomstrom
My Great Grandmother's name was Ida Mae Fremling Bloomstrom, but I have almost no information on her. She lived and died in Brainerd, (CrowWing Co.?) . She married Melvin Bloomstrom, and had four children: Jim, Barbara, Lois, and another son, whose name I can't remember. My grandmother was Lois Mae Bloomstrom. I have very little information about this side of my family, but I would love to know more or share searching for more information on Fremling.

Re: Fremling

Posted: 15 Oct 2001 6:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jan 2002 1:17PM GMT
I am also doing some research on Bloomstrom. My grand aunt Elise (Alice) Botten married an Alvin Bloomstrom while she lived in Brainerd. Only at the beginning, she is not a high priority. I have pulled at least one death certificate for a Bloomstrom in Brainerd (Johanna, I think).

Dorothy Duff (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2002 5:52AM GMT
Re: your msg abt Ida Fremling Bloomstrom. She was a sister
of my father. If your msg is still valid, you may contact me
and I can tell you what I know, which isn't a great deal.
You may know as much as I do about her. But I will tell you
what I can.

Re: obits

Dorothy Fremling Duff (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2002 5:49AM GMT
I am a member of the Fremling - Santapakka family. The Lee's
too as they were brothers of my grandmother . I didn't know
them but heard of them. I would be most happy to hear from
you to see if you have info about my grandparents, Zacharias
and Anna (Santapakka)Fremling.

Posted: 18 Apr 2004 9:11PM GMT
Surnames: Fremling
I don't know a lot - but Ida Fremling Bloomstrom was my aunt - my dad's sister/

Posted: 18 Apr 2004 9:17PM GMT
Surnames: Fremling Lee Santapakka
I an also a member of this family - they were my grandparents and I have been trying to track them.I've neen confused since I've seen my grandmother listed as Anna Santapakka, Anna Cando, Anna K, Lee and her brother as John Lee and Santapakka. So if you are still around please reply.
Posted: 5 Apr 2009 6:13PM GMT
Surnames: Fremling Santapakka
Hello. I just started researching my grandmother's side of the family. My great grandmother was Caroline Fremling (she was married to John Karl Hill). Her parents were Anna Santapakka and Zacahrias Fremling, I believe. My grandmother's (Doris Hill) memory is a little fuzzy now. She remembers very little of her grandparents, Anna and Zacharias. If anyone has any info they can share with me on that side of the family, I would greatly appreciate it! Taking a trip to Finland in December and I'd like to have as much of the family tree fleshed out as possible.

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 10:54PM GMT
The Brainerd Daily Dispatch page 3, 4-25-1938
(they have their picture in this article)
MR. AND MRS. Z. FREMLING CELEBRATE
Mr. and Mrs. Zacharias Fremling (above) held open house at their
home, 1516 1/2 South Thirteenth street on Saturday evening, the occasion being their golden wedding anniversary. The honor couple were united in marriage April 23, 1888 in Brainerd and have since resided in this city.
Mr. and Mrs. Zarcharias Fremling celebrated their golden wedding anniversary Saturday, April 23, by holding open house to a host of friends and relatives at their home, 1516 1/2 South 13th street.
A luncheon was served to about twenty relatives at noon, and a buffet supper was served by Mrs. Mal Bloomstrom and Mrs. Netor Jokela daughter of the honored couple late in the afternoon and again in the evening to guests from Brain
Pine River, Jenkins and East Gull Lake. A wedding cake graced the table, to be cut by the bride, bringing back memories of a like ritual fifty years ago.
Greetings from many unable to attend were received throughout the day. The couple was presented with a generous purse by their guests, and another by their children and grandchildren.
Anna Lee and Zacharias Fremling were married April 23, 1888, at Brainerd, and have spent the greater part of their lives in the city. They were born in Finland, Mr Fremling coming to Bainerd in 1882 and Mrs. Fremling in 1885. Mr
Fremling is 80 years old, his wife 72. Both are members of the Finnish Lutheran church, in which Mr Fremling served as pastor for many years.
Five of their children, Mrs. Ida Bloomstrom, Mrs. Alma Jokela Mrs. Carrie Hill, Mrs. Hilda Ritari and Sam Fremling, live in Brainerd. The other three are Charles
Fremling of St. Paul, Philip Fremling of Yakima, Wash., and LouisFremling of Oakland, Calif. They have 39 grandchildren and two great grandchildren.
The pioneer couple is well known throughout the community and have the sincere wishes of their many friends for many more years of wedded happiness.
Posted: 24 Sep 2009 6:04PM GMT
Thanks for that! I've never seen that before.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic