Search for content in message boards

Obituary lookup for AMEY

Obituary lookup for AMEY

Posted: 24 Apr 2005 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jul 2005 1:15PM GMT
Can someone do an obituary lookup for me for a Charles Amey (Eighme). This may be a long shot since he died in Alabama in 1947. He was a resident of Washburn County from 1910-1930. Charles was living in Birchwood per the 1920 census.

Charles Everett Amey (Eighme) was born 10/15/1877 and died in Montgomery AL on June 16 1947. He was married to Irene Grasley. Her parents were Gottlieb and Phoebe Phelly (sp?) They had two daughters, Doris and Lois Amey.

Thanks for your help with this.

Diane

Re: Obituary lookup for AMEY

Posted: 10 Jan 2006 7:33PM GMT
Hi, Just came across this, I'm related, my grandfather was John Wilson Grasley who was a sister to Irene. I was wondering if you had any information on the Grasley side? Would you share?

Posted: 12 Jan 2006 11:56PM GMT
My information on the family is limited. I was trying to fill in the gaps on Charles Amey and family and didn’t get very far. I will email you with what I have.

Bel (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2006 9:27AM GMT
You may have better luck posting this message to Barron County board. The obit probably was posted in Rice Lake Chronotype.
Have a great day, Bel

Posted: 18 Jan 2012 10:39PM GMT
I'ts been a long time but came apon this obit if you still need it. He died June 16, 1947 in Montgomery, Alabama

Montgomery Advertiser, Wednesday June 18, 1946 pg7 Column 5

Amey, Charles E. The service for Mr Amey will be held from Memory Chapeo Wednesday at 2:30 pm Rev Strong will officiate. Pallbearers will be members of the Veterans of Spanish American War. Bural will be in Memorial Cemetery. Leak-Belser-Tucker in charge.

Posted: 19 Jan 2012 1:21AM GMT
Thanks for the information.

Posted: 31 Jan 2012 9:00PM GMT
Diane

I went through about 6 weeks of both the Spooner Advocate and the Washburn County Register and did not find an obit for Charles Amey.

Shelley

Posted: 31 May 2012 9:54PM GMT
Chas was my grandfather if you have any questions plz contact me, his info is on my family tree, the fletchers

Posted: 31 May 2012 9:56PM GMT
chas and Irene had three daughters, my mom, lois fletcher, my aunts patrica sheldon and doris hintz
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions