Search for content in message boards

Barger Family History Society

Barger Family History Society

Susan Barger Donahue (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BARGER, BARRIER, BERGER, BARGO, FRONABARGER, WOLFENBARGER, SHUFFLEBARGER
The Barger Family History Society is open to all family researchers with connections to the surname Barger, and/or its variations. If any of those names appear in your lineage, please contact us. We will gladly exchange information. To promote and encourage discussion, we have established a Rootsweb mailing list. Please visit our website for details about how to subscribe to this list and to join the Barger Family History Society.

Puffenbarger

Carol Pack Urban (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Puffenbarger

Hello. I am researching the Puffenbarger family of Bath and
Highland Counties, VA and Pendleton County, WV. I have also
seen the name as Buffenbarger, Buffenberger, Puffenberger,
Poffinberger, Poffinbarger, Poffingbarger, Poffingberger,
Puffinberger, Poffenbarger, Poffenberger. So many
variations of the same name within the same family. The
original name was Pfaffenberger coming from Germany about
1730s into PA and some of the children went to VA and from
there points west. This is not my direct line, I am
researching it for my sons.

Fronabarger

Ray Fronabarger (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Fronabarger
Will be happy to exchange information.

PARLIN GENEALOGY

Posted: 29 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 11:55AM GMT
Surnames: PARLIN

HOW DOES PARLIN FIT INTO THE WOLFENBARGER family tree. I have run into it several times. Recently I found it in Tennessee cemetery such as Acuff Cem. & Dotson Cem. The name Parlin seemed to be used as a 1st name. (i.e. Maples, Parlin W & Acuff Parlin T. and in McGinnis-Harrell Cem. there was a Parlin Alfred Wolfenbarger)
I am assisting in updating a Parlin Genealogy or at least a part of it. I can be reached at pdunn47149@aol.com

information

Posted: 9 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2002 8:16AM GMT
Surnames: puffenbarger
i'm from pa. and my father's name is roy lee puffenbarger. there is not alot information i have located about the name, but i would be interested in knowing any info you have gathered. it would be nice if you could e-mail me.

grace

Berger(Barger)

Posted: 12 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2001 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: Berger, Hockman, Croman, Keller, Diehl
Susan-I see your broad listing of Barger surname, to my best knowledge my limited Berger history was limited to Bucks County, Pa. But in doing some rough research I find 265 Bargers in 1790-1970 Pa Census (Ancestry.com)but noe in Bucks Co. but 3 in Lehigh Co, @ Montgomery Co., and 4 in Northampton which are neaby also find 192 Barger's in VA in addition to your long list in NC. By any chance do you show any Berger(Barger's)living and /or passing thru this part of PA. As far back as I have now is Samuel (b-1858-9) living in Bucks Co 1900-1920. Also have Diehl's from same area who immigrated to Pa in 1742. Thanks for any help-Don

Barger

Pamela Barger (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: James
I am looking for data concerning James Buchannan Barger, married to Emline Rosanbalm Barger, early or mid 1800. Also looking for data on Bertha Miller Barger death 1950's Indiana.

Chester Arthur Barger

Susan Barger Lyons Ingraham (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Barger
I am looking for any information on ancestors of Chester Arthur Barger,(my father) born in Sharples, West Virginia 07/19/25. His parents were Samuel and Flossie Barger (maiden name Crouch?). Chester, deceased in 01/2000, He has 2 siblings, Lester Barger and a 1/2 sister, Sally Altizer, both reside in Columbus Ohio.

Samuel W. Barger

Susan Ingraham (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Barger
Reasearching information on my grandfather Samuel W. Barger and Barger relatives. He was born around 1876 and died in West Viriginia in 1943. He is buried in Delbarton, West Viriginia (name of the cemetary unknown). He was married to Flora (Flossie Mae) Crouch. She was born in 1896 and died in 1945; buried in Delbarton also. We believe Samuel had a 1/2 brother but unsure of name. Samuel's father was Chaplin or Chapman Barger. Samuel and Flossie had 3 children: Sallie:not sure if she is 1/2 sister to brothers - Chester, born 1925, Sharples, West Virginia and Lester. Any information would be appreciated. My email is si3906@swbell.net

Re: Puffenbarger

Posted: 18 Oct 2001 6:06AM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2002 10:03PM GMT
Surnames: Buffenbarger Puffenbarger
I did not know of a possible link between the Puffenbargers and Buffenbargers until yesterday. My ancestry has been traced to Virginia during the correct time frame. George Washington Buffenbarger was his name. We listed his fathers name as George. My Mother's cousin list George Washington Buffenbarger's father as Peter. I am not sure how much I can help you but I think you might be able to help me make some of these connections. I would appreciate the help! Thank You, Jon Buffenbarger JonBuff@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions