Search for content in message boards

Bourgeois = Bushwa

Bourgeois = Bushwa

Posted: 20 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Sep 2004 1:00AM GMT
Surnames: Bourgeois, Bushwa
I have seen that the name Bushaw is sometimes used instead of Bourgeois or Bushway. There is a line of Bushway families that originated in New Brunswick and moved to New Hampshire and Vermont. This was the New England prononciation I guess of the Bourgeois name. I also know that I was called Bushwa when I was in high school. I have not seen many uses of the name of Bushaw in the acadian work that I am doing on the Bourgeois family tree. Let me know what you find out. Maybe we could share data if you turn out to be in the Bourgeois line.

Bourgeois genealogy - family pictures on the internet

Posted: 23 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2004 1:02AM GMT
Surnames: Bourgeois
Information & pictures of the listed family names are available at the
following site:

http://community.webshots.com/user/murmurd

Pics are best seen with comments if you use the VIEW
SLIDE SHOW option, which is located on the left-hand side
of the page once you've clicked on the album you wish to
view.

You may also prefer to click on a specific picture, which will be
enlarged & which will allow you to read the information typed below
it.

Do leave your comments or info in the GUESTBOOK & I'll
get back to you pronto.

Any information you may have re: PAUL-ÉMILE BOURGEOIS, most
probably born in Lawrence, MA in the late 1800's & married to
MARIANNE BOURGEOIS, most probably somewhere in the
province of Québec, CANADA, would also be appreciated.

Thanks!
Muriel Ducharme

Re: Bushwa, Bushway, Bourgeois

Susan Stevens (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2001 8:02PM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2004 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: Bourgeois, Bushway, Bushwa, LeBlanc, Dion
Hello,

I have been researching Bushways and Bourgeois in Canaan, NH in the mid 1800s to mid 1900s. Found a few Vermont connections, and before that, most of this line were from St-Jacques L'Achigan (now Montcalm), who went there after exile in Massachusetts. After that, some were in St-Gregoire and Trois Riviers, and St. Leon Quebec. They were mostly the descendents of this Bourgois line: Jacques, Germaine, Claude (m. to Marie LeBlanc). This couple was exiled to Massachusetts with all their children, except Pierre Benjamin, who escaped the English and settled in New Brunswick. So I can see there is a clear connection between the New Brunswick Bourgeois and the ones in Canaan.

The reason I have been looking and looking.at these people is because my great grandmother, Julienne Bushway is buried in the small old French cemetery in Canaan. She married Joseph Dion who also used the name Joseph Sawyer and Joseph Young. I know she is related to all these people, but can't find the actual connection. Her gravestone says she was born in 1821, but I have determined this date is certainly wrong, as her husband was born in 1833, and her last child was born in 1921, when she would have been 61 years old.I suppose it's possible, but it seems unlikely So I think it more likely she was born in the1830s. Your posting has made me wonder if she might not have been from the New Brunswick branch that you know about. If you have a data base, I would be very grateful if you would check it for a Julie, Julia, Julienne, Bourgeois, Bushway, etc. who might fit the dates. She has eluded me so long. I never looked at New Brunswick, though, as I was unaware any of that branch moved to NH and Vermont.

Thanks. I will share what I have with you as well if you want a search.

Sue Stevens

I don't have Julia

Posted: 23 Aug 2001 1:24AM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2004 1:04AM GMT
Surnames: Bushaw
Sue, I have no Julia and am pretty sure there is no connection to my Bushaw's. They came from Nova Scotia to Quebec in early 1800's, I believe, however I have no proof. One son was born in the City of Quebec in 1848. This is all the information I have. I have no connection to any other surnames: boucher, beauchamp, bergeron, etc. Wish I could help, good luck in your search. Gary

Euranie Bushwa (Bourgeois)

Shirley Hughes Hickman (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2004 3:09AM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2004 1:05AM GMT
Surnames: Bourgeois, Bushwa, West
My grgrandmother was Euranie Bushwa. She was born on a wagon train coming from New Orleans around 1859 - 1854. Her father came to New Orleans from France when he was 3 years old. She married Seth West, north of Humble Texas. She is buried in Sudan Cemetary, Sudan, Lamb Co., Texas.
I am having a lot of difficulty tracing her.
Eurannie Bushwa>Nora West> Grady Hughes> Shirley Hughes Hickman
Shirley

I only have Bushaw and Busha - no Bushwa

Posted: 24 Sep 2004 6:42AM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2005 1:59PM GMT
Surnames: Bushaw
Most of the Bushaw/Busha that I have come across has come from Ontario or Quebec, Beauchamp, Boucher, or Bouchard. As soon as they cross the border into the US the name was changed. Good luck in your search.

Posted: 15 Feb 2010 12:31AM GMT
Hi! we have been in contact before.My question is this--is the cemetery in canan a catholic one?If it is, have you ever noticed any tombstone with the names of Charles Bushway and Julia Bushway(Trudeau)?I was told they were buried in a Catholic cemetery in Canaan. My email address is motlea@yahoo.com.
Did you know that Marguerite Gertrude Thibodeau Bourgeois(Joseph Hosia's wife) is buried as Margarete Bushwa? Lea Damp

Posted: 20 Feb 2010 6:50PM GMT
Hello,
This is my maternal line --
Joseph Hosia
Sirfois (Sigfroy William)
John de Baptist
Edward Dewey -- my Pepere (grandfather)1900-1980
my mother - (still alive)
me born in 1958

On the top of my list is to get to Canan & Enfield, NH areas to find the cememteries & take photos of the graves. (in digital)
I do have some of Claremont, NH - St. Mary's Catholic cemetery. (on film)

Mary Lou (Perkins) Lugo

Posted: 21 Feb 2010 5:57PM GMT
It's good to hear from you.
Joseph Hosia is mt line also.
Joseph Hosia
charles bourgeois
damas bourgeois AKA thomas bushway
thomas bushway
emma harriet bushway
Joseph Hosias wife Marie Marguerite Gertrude was buried as Margaret Bushwa.
I think she was born in Boucherville Canada.
Joseph was married before.She wasMarie Angelique Marguerite Mirault(aka Mireau- Amirault. married oct 5 1800.They had 4 children.
1- Joseph Jr. born june 28 1801
2- Germain bornOct 9 1803
3- Adelaid born nov 7 1807
4- julie born may 7 1809
My gggrandfather married Delima aubertin(hobart)
I was told that his father charles marriedJulia trudeau and that they were both buried in a catholic cemetery in canaan n.h.
If you do go there could you keep an eye out for them.They may not have a marker.T would dearly love to find them. I know charles died 1888.
Do you know if your ancester Sirfroy was known as william?
Hope to hear from you again.If you like you can email me at motlea@yahoo.com Lea

: Bushwa, Bushway, Bourgeois

Posted: 21 Feb 2010 11:24PM GMT
Hi,
As I stated "Sirfois (Sigfroy William)" is how I have him listed on my database. Sorry I have no idea what they called him.
He was my Pepere's grandfather.
My Pepere was dead by the time I really got into Genealogy. I can't get to my old writen notes at this time & have no notes in my database about him.
Yes, of course when I find a cemetery I will take any/all photos that I think might pertain to this surname. I will inform all where they are posted when the time comes.
later, Mary Lou
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions