Search for content in message boards

query on rees rees llewellyn

query on rees rees llewellyn

Posted: 29 Aug 2006 1:08PM GMT
Classification: Query

Hello, I'm looking for some info. on my relations who emmigrated to America c1860. My g. grandmothers' brother Rees Rees Llewellyn and his wife Ann left Aberdare and as far as I can find out settled in Fountain Green Sanpete Utah.I have been tracing a lot of the family [ through the net] and would love to exchange information! I live in the south Wales valleys are so that isn't far from Aberdare. Please get in touch if you know my family.

Re: query on rees rees llewellyn

Posted: 15 Sep 2008 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Llewellyn
I am a descendent of Rees and Ann Llewellyn who emigrated from Wales to Fountain Green, Utah. I have some informtion on their descendents. Please e-mail me with questions.

Thanks,
Janet
jan@stewartrealtyllc.com

Posted: 11 Oct 2008 2:45PM GMT
Rees Rees & Ann Llewellyn are my great grandparents. If you would like to get in contact with me, please e-mail me at
itsmo1@cox.net.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 3:29PM GMT
Hello, I am Rees and Ann's great-great grand daughter. My great-grandfather was thier first born, Rees Willam. I have the names and dates for their children, whom they had in America after they travelled as pioneers in 1856. I would be happy to share what I have. I am in England at the moment, but was born and raised in America. Feel free to e-mail if you would like more information.

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 2:28PM GMT
Surnames: Llewellyn
Rees R. and Ann Llewellyn were my second great grandparents. I am descended from their son, Gomer David, born in 1864, who had ten children - including my grandmother. If you want to know specifically about Rees R. and Ann, here is a link to a web page. It contains much information on their American adventure which I hope you will find helpful. Look for a subtitled section with the Llewellyn name.

http://holmansofamerica.blogspot.com/2006/09/first-of-holman...

I am interested in knowing more about their Welsh roots. I know nothing beyond what I read in the above article. Please contact me at mobryan@mail.fehb.org if you can help. I can fill in more recent tales of Gomer's descendants if you would like to know them.

Posted: 22 May 2011 7:12PM GMT
Surnames: LLewellyn
Rees Rees Llewellyn and his wife Ann were my mothers great grandparents. They immigrated to Utah by handcart in 1856 in a company led by Edward Bunker. I have a biography of Rees and Ann and access to pictures. I am so thrilled to possibly have access to some research for earlier ancesters as most of the Welch records haven't been released to the public and need to be viewed in Wales. I've been looking fruitlessly for a marriage record and birth records of Rees and Ann. I'm also looking for verificaton of Rees's father Rees Llewellyn and his mother Margaret Williams as well as his grandfather Thomas Llewellyn and Eleanor Reese. All I have is that Rees Llewellyn was born in Feb 1780 in Methyr Tydfil Glamorgan Wales and died in Gellyfailog, Methyr Tydfid Glams Wales in1839. Margaret Williams was born in 1780 in Abardare Glmrgan, Wales and died in Dowlais, Glamorgans Wales. I would be very happy to do any research for you on the decendants or Rees Rees Llewellyn or anyone else you are interested in in return for your help in finding original records in Wales as I'm hoping for some verification of the few bits I have. I'm also unable to read Welch which is daunting. I'l wait anxiously for a reply from you, and would like to know more about you, as well. Thanks so much!!!

Posted: 9 Oct 2011 9:22PM GMT
i had a uncle in glen wood springs colorato my maiden name was llewellyn they were raised indemons iowa there four brothers two lived i north burnaby bc my uncle that was rees lewellyn had mines in glen wood springs colorato usa

Posted: 12 Oct 2011 7:17PM GMT
I am not related to Rees Llewellyn , but I live in the third (and final house) that Rees and Ann lived in in Fountain Green. The first home (a one room log cabin) is in our back yard and is used as a shed. The second home is just across the street. If you would like pictures of the homes, I would be happy to email them to you. You may already know this, but Rees became a very prominent man. He was the first mayor of Fountain Green and was the postmaster in town. He was also a faithful Latter-day Saint. When our home was about half completed, Rees was called on a mission to return to Wales and preach the gospel. He was gone about 4 years, I believe. When he returned, the home was finished, but you can see that the brick on the second story varies from that on the first story. I consider it a physical reminder of his dedication to his faith.
I found your post while researching where in Wales the Llewellyns came from. Thanks so much for the info. Let me know if you would like pictures. I'd love to send them to you

Posted: 4 Apr 2012 10:05PM GMT
My Grandmother kept a detailed book on past family. Rees Rees was my Great~Great Grandfather. If you have any question I would happy to give you any info I have.

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 7:27PM GMT
Rees Rees Llewellyn and his wife Ann were my mother's great grandparents. I have a lot of information on the family including biographies from several different sources, death records, census records, pictures, etc. I am looking for information on the birth and parentage of Rees Llewellyn and Ann Llewellyn in Aberdare. I would love to share information. Thanks, Jan Stringham
per page

Find a board about a specific topic