Search for content in message boards

Malones of Greenville TN

Malones of Greenville TN

Jim Malone (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2000 6:43AM GMT
I'm just getting started trying to track ancestry. My Grandfather was William Elliot Malone. His father was "Lucky" Bill Malone and his mother was Nerve(sp)Carter. My grandfather was known as "El" and he had at least one brother (Duncan)and one sister (Kelly). Would appreciate any info on ancestry of "Lucky" Bill Malone. -- Jim

Malone family of Greene Co., TN

Peg Stainer (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2000 8:28AM GMT
Jim, I can take William Elliot Malone b. 1877 back a few generations. Will be glad to trade information and sources. He was the son of William James Malone whose father was Levi and mother, Jerusha (Wyllis) Malone. Levi was son of William and Mary (West) Malone. Let me know what you need.

Malone's of Greene Cty

Jim Malone (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2000 7:59PM GMT
Peg: Thanks so much for your response. Am I correct that your research shows Nerve (sp) Carter as the spouse of William James Malone. I don't know dob of William Elliot but 1877 is excellent time frame. Very anxious to share info with you but do not have much to offer, i.e, his family thru my grandchilren. William Elliot had 3 wives; Sarah Mooney (poss not birthname - my understanding is she was adopted by Mooney family), Margaret Carter, and Roxie Brumley. Let me know if you need info on children etc of W.E. and his 3. If you prefer to exchange via e-mail you can contact me at Malonejnl@aol.com
Thanks again, Jim

Malone's fm G'ville

Jim Malone (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2000 8:18AM GMT
Peg: Tks Agn. Pse xfer the file you mentioned in Word file. Discussions w/Marie Albert (living ch of Wm E) have provide foll info on Wm E's siblings.
Cora B: b.d.m. unk
1st m. Rome Carter. Lived in G'ville. Ch Roy, opal, Edith.
2nd m. (gnm unk) McKay. Lived in CA. Ch Susan.
Poss 3rd m but can not confirm.
Levi Duncan:b,d,m unknown.
Callie M. (Jeffers): b.29 Jan 1884(G'ville) d.15 Aug 1966(Mosheim TN. s - SSDI
Neither Marie nor I have ever heard of the other siblings you mentioned.
Foll is what I have on Wm E's Spouses and Ch.
1st Wife: Sarah (Mooney) b.unk but 1875 looks good based on Wm E's b. and 2yr diff in age. d. 1900 - at or shortly after birth of James Carl. Ch Follows:
Roxie Brubaker:b.7 Apr 1898(G'Ville) d. 6 Jul 1993(Port Charlotte FL). m.Frank Brubaker and had five ch: Verlin (Coulter),James,Darlene(Ingold) twin Arlen (Ronka), and Arnold. Lived in Dallas Ia, E. Moline IL, Colona IL, Port Charlotte FL. Source: Pers close knowledge of fam hist.
James Carl:b. 27 Jan 1900(G'Ville) d.1951(Knoxville IA) m. Alta Long b.12 Dec 1906(Grant IA) d. Jan 1986(Knoxville IA). 5 Ch: Mary, Norma, Shirley, Robert, James Jr. Was in USMC and lived in IA after discharge.
2nd Wife: Margaret (Carter)Info sketchy - source: Marie, living sib. b.d.m. unk. Ch as follows.
Willard b.29 May 1920 d. Jan 1945 (ssdi)
Oscar b.23 Apr 1924 (G'ville) d.Jan 1989
Albert b.1906(G'ville) - still living in G'ville m. Floy Harrison.
3rd Wife: Roxie (Brumley) b.d.(will send later). Ch as foll.
James b.6 Dec 1926 d. Jan 1927
Calvin Walter b. 6 Feb 1928(G'Ville) d. 11 Mar 2000(G'ville) m. Lois (Blazer)
Marie (Greene)b. 3 Oct 1932)(G'Ville) - still living in G'Ville m. Carroll Green
Charles b.7 May 1939(G'Ville)- still living in G'Ville) m. Floella (Hensley)(now divorced).
That's all I have now.--Jim

wife of William James Malone

Posted: 31 Jul 2000 3:20AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2002 4:45AM GMT
Her name was Minerva Jane Carter and they married 24 Sept 1865. William James Malone's parents: Levi Malone Jerusha Willis; Levi's parents: William Malone b.11Nov 1781 Mary "Polly" West (dau.James West and Eliz. Byrd); William's parents: John Malone b. in Baltimore, Md. 1st wife Charity Posey or 2nd wife Anne Posey. Have the children of Wm. Minerva and of Levi Jerusha if you'd like. Bernadette.

TN Malones

Jim Malone (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 6:42PM GMT
Bernadette: Thanks so much for the offer. I do have the children of Levi Jerusa and Wm. Polly. I'm currently trying to track down info on Jerusha Willis. Family legend suggests that she may be connection to Indian heritage. Do you have any info on her parents or siblings? Jim

Jerusha Willis

Posted: 3 Aug 2000 4:27AM GMT
Hi Jim: Jerusha Willis b.ca.1823,Shawneetown,
Gallatin Co.,Illinois; daughter of James John Willis(b.ca 1790 South Carolina) and Mary Ann McCool(b.ca.1790 Greenville,S.C.).
Mary Ann McCool was dau.of Joseph McCool and Mary Thomas. By the way Levi Malone married a 2nd time to Hailey Ashley 7 July 1869. Will send more as I find it. Bernadette.

more on Jerusha Willis

Posted: 3 Aug 2000 5:10AM GMT
She had 2 sisters: Nancy A.Willis b.ca.1820 who married James Brimbarger, and Eleanor b.ca. 1822 who married William Chapman.

Malones of Greene Co., TN

Charlotte Hamilton (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 5:32AM GMT
We are looking for info on Samuel J. Malone m. Louisa Green. Found him listed as WWI Veteran in Greene Co., TN. Thanks for any help.

Charlotte L. Hamilton

Samuel Malone

Peg Stainer (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2000 12:01AM GMT
If he is really a Greene County Malone, I should be able to connect him to this family. Can you give me more history on him? Do you have birth date? I'll help all I can. Peggy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic